*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060822-Backslider
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1060822 added December 10, 2023 at 2:23am
Restrictions: None
Backslider
Oh no! I forgot! I'm going to have to set an alarm to remind me to write! Meanwhile, I copied an email I just sent to a good friend I've knows since first grade...

"put out some food...probably a stray with no home to go to....out in the weather (and you've been having glorious weather as of late).My oldest cat is the daughter of a cat that had showed up in my garage...I had started feeding her and she was friendly, not running off like most do. Then one day she brought out her kittens to show me...
With the passing of Chatterbox, I figured he would want me to find another abandoned kitty and give it a new home. I went to the shelter and wanted to see the cat that had been there the longest. It was not really interested in attention but really wanted to get out of the cage...then below her was a nice male, a satin gray and had Chatterbox's eyes...plus it came in on my birthday. I wasn't quite ready to adopt but figured that was the cat I would take.
I went in a few days later, no more gray cat...somebody had come in right after I was there and adopted him. So, I went back to the kitty that had been incarcerated the longest. She'd been turned in as a stray. Brought her home and she growled and hissed when I tried to pet her, even fake attempts to bite me. She was a climber though, wanted to get high. I cleared a spot on top of the bookcase behind the tv at the foot of the bed and she'd sit up there, sleep and be able to watch the world go 'round. After a couple days, the came down in middle of the night and laid by me...now she's borderline being a pest. She gets into everything.
She refuses to use the community litter box. It's the one that Missy and Chatterbox shared. She decided to use the bathtub...I don't use it since it's difficult for me to lift my feet high enough to get in over the side, preferring to use the shower downstairs. Once I found that out (she s*** in middle of the night and it smelled to high heaven) I got her a small litter box and put it in there. She's good at using it. And, like Chatterbox, she really likes tummy rubs.
And yes, she is psychic."

So there is a typical email I write to him. And since I just spent the last 20 minutes typing it up, I'm posting it here since it was a writing effort.

Meanwhile, it is oh-dark-thirty and I need to get back to sleep. This is gonna have to be it for yesterday, I'll have to do better today...and I can brief you on what I did yesterday...it was a busy day.

That's a wrap!

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060822-Backslider