*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060904-Belated-blog-for-yesterday
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1060904 added December 12, 2023 at 6:01am
Restrictions: None
Belated blog for yesterday
I had my alarm set for 3:30 yesterday afternoon but I wasn't home. Apparently that time isn't going to work. I got home just shy of 4, took Kara out for the 2.5 mile jaunt and finally got home a bit after 5. It was 49 degrees when we started and 40 when we got home. By then I was pooped, had a can of chili for supper and headed to bed. I've had a blister on the front side of the ball of my left foot and had moleskin to protect it (which works surprisingly well) but where they removed the toe is a wrinkly spot and I got a blister there. How that happened I have no idea. It is definitely tender though. I hope it doesn't keep me from my mile with Kassi today.

With Jeannette gone to Cleveland, I slept downstairs because the dogs need to get up in middle of the night to go out. I had the thermostat set at 68 and woke up shivering. I had to get an additional blanket. Tonight I might sleep upstairs but I can't feed Kami after 8 due to her surgery tomorrow. I don't want to listen to her all night wanting something to eat so it may be another night downstairs. I did go up and give her some treats at 2:30 this morning and I'll try to spend the bulk of the day with her.

I'm missing a shelf pin for the bookshelf. I picked up a package at Lowes on the way home yesterday after I returned the other shelf. Of course, they're a bigger diameter. I either need to enlarge the holes or find pins elsewhere. Lowes didn't appear to have any smaller ones. Of course, I had knocked my glasses off when I loaded the shelf into the back of the truck and hadn't noticed so I couldn't see when I was at Lowes. I could go back this morning and look but it might be easier to just enlarge the holes, it will definitely be faster. I think that will be the plan for today.

I got my new BassPro card yesterday. I'll pay for Kami's procedure with that tomorrow instead of using the wife's card. I'd prefer to not use the new one as I'm struggling to pay off what I already have. I want to save it for my fishing trips. I hope this will be a one shot deal. I did use it to order some elk hair for flies. I had a discount offer and wanted to make sure the card worked so it was $20. Plus the $63 I paid at Basspro it still totals under a hundred bucks. I'll pay that off at the first of the month. The SS check next week is gonna catch up what wasn't paid for on the first (which I'm not sure why not). Next checks will be bigger due to the cola raise, not enough but better than a stick in the eye.

Kami is saying she's hungry (again) so I better go feed her and give her some time. There, Kam is fed as well as the dogs. Kara got her glucosamine as well. And I drilled out the two holes a bit so now they have pins in them and the shelf is in place. Today the loading begins. There is a pile by the bed where the shelf collapsed yesterday so that can ger cleared up today. It is only supposed to reach the low 50's today so I think I'll have some coffee upstairs when I go up.

I had bad dreams twice when taking percocet late at night and I think I was irritable the other day so I think I will wean off of it and stop. It doesn't seem all that effective. My shoulder is becoming less troublesome; I;m still aware of it but it isn't as bad. I think using the walking stick with the left hand and exercising the left arm/shoulder is helping as well. I did do a dead lift of 20 pounds the other day, that bothered my back more than my shoulder. I think I will clutch a 10 pound weight to my chest and just do bend-overs and see what happens. If I can get those muscles flexing and strengthening then perhaps they will be less of an issue if I want to carry a backpack. I'm hoping I can stay with this 2.5 mile walking every other day. It's an effort currently but as long as I can keep the motivation going, just like with the mile I can hope to be in some semblance of decent shape to go to the BlueRidge. That is the goal at this point. And it is good for the dogs to get out and get some exercise. Kara enjoyed the cooler walk yesterday compared to the 70+ degrees on Saturday. I did as well but I was dripping when I got home. I laid my jacket in fron of the fire so the inside would dry. Aapparently it doesn't breathe so I guess I need to be looking at alternatives. I think it is somewhat waterproof but I need something like gortex. For now I guess i will stick to hooded sweatshirts.

Well, this is for yesterday, I'll try to hit it again this evening...

That's a wrap!



© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060904-Belated-blog-for-yesterday