*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061011-Ten-Scenes-Total
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1061011 added December 14, 2023 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
Ten Scenes Total
Ten Scenes Total


Eight numeric scenes plus two Establishing Shot scenes equals ten scenes total. That’s the number of scenes that I got written earlier today at work. I also wrote twenty-nine single paragraphs too. Twenty-six for the numeric scenes and three Establishing Shots single paragraphs.

In other words, I got twenty-nine single paragraphs written earlier today at work. That’s not too bad for a weekday. It could have been a little better if I had about a half hour more time for my writing. But I didn’t. That’s because I’m the unofficial Site Supervisor where I work.

Before the last unofficial Site Supervisor left, I was doing the work of two. It’s even worse now that I’m the unofficial Site Supervisor. Why do I call us ‘unofficial Site Supervisors?’ It is because we have all these extra responsibilities. But we don’t get any more money to do it.

What does that mean when it comes to my writing? It means that instead of about five hours of writing time during a weekday and around nine hours on the weekends I have about four and a half hours, and around eight and a half hours. And that’s if I’m lucky. Usually, I’m not that lucky.

Today was one of those unlucky days. I only had about four hours of writing time earlier today to work on Episode Three, Floating Weapons, for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. So, twenty-nine single paragraphs isn’t too bad considering I only had about four hours to write them.

If I had that extra half hour, I would have been able to get at least three more single paragraphs written and another scene. Maybe even one or two more than that. That’s if I wanted to break up a scene. And I don’t like to do that. Unless it’s a Scene Five or a Scene ten.

Why Scene Fives or Scene Tens but not the other numeric scenes? It’s because fives and ten usually have four single paragraphs. It is easier to slit them in half. Not as easy with the other scenes. They usually only have three single paragraphs. It’s impossible to split them in half.

Of course, I would have liked to have gotten three or six more single paragraphs and one or two more scenes written earlier today at work. But twenty-nine and ten is still very good. At least it is for me. Especially, considering where I work and how much writing time, I got to do it.

That’s not all, though. To get those twenty-nine scenes I finished Act Three of this episode with seven single paragraphs. And started the six scenes for Act Four. Act Fours can be fast writing sometimes. I’m hoping it’s like that tomorrow. But it probably won’t be that fast.








© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061011-Ten-Scenes-Total