*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061031-December-14-and-15
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061031 added December 15, 2023 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
December 14 and 15
Dec 14

Prompt: "When an alabaster blanket covers the earth in January, we are reminded of her beauty found in the crisp simplicity of a blank page. Full of promise and hope, a fresh journal to write creative events. Recording what happens in our life is a legacy for those we leave behind."
Write about this quote in your Blog entry today.
Post a reply...


-------------------

From a blanket of snow to a blank page...frankly, I never thought of snow as something to write on as snow eventually turns to slush, just like some writings, as I should know from my own writing escapades.

Anyway, from which angle you look at it, a blank page is a canvas of infinite potential. It is the tapestry of thoughts and ideas. It's the starting point of every story, the birthplace of creativity, the uncharted territory of the mind waiting to be explored. It's a space where anything and everything can happen.

The beauty of a blank page lies in its patience. It doesn't rush you or demand immediate attention. It waits, quietly, for the first stroke of the pen, the first thought to be born into words. It's a mirror reflecting the deepest corners of the writer's mind, opening to a stage where ideas and characters come to life.

Then, sometimes, for me, it is an intimidating void. This is because I fail to see it as a beautiful promise, a canvas waiting for my touch, a story waiting to be told. This is because at times I fail to see that the promise of a blank page is the promise of creation.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Dec. 15

Prompt:
“Hot cocoa and cold toes remind me of Christmas.” ― Toni Sorenson
What reminds you of Christmas? Of December ?


--------

Dec. 15

There are many reminders and symbols of December and Christmas, and they may vary depending on cultural, regional, and personal traditions.

Off the top of my head, for Christmas, the reminders could be: Christmas decorations, Christmas trees, gifts, Santa Claus, Nativity scenes, and Christmas Carols.

As for December, December birthdays, Winter weather up north and crazy weather where I am, Winter Solstice, Advent Calendars that count down the days, holiday decorations, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and other holidays I may not know about, and New Year's Eve when people feel free to get drunk and celebrate the coming year without knowing if what's to come will be good or bad, but then, jumping to conclusions is a human trait, after all.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061031-December-14-and-15