*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061138-Appreciation
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061138 added December 18, 2023 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
Appreciation
Prompt:
In what ways can people express love and appreciation to others in their life?


-------------------

There are so many ways. The more creative you are the more ways you can come up with. This also depends on the relationship you have with any one person.

Off the top of my head, encouraging others during challenges, remembering important dates, recognizing any one person's achievements and positive qualities take the first place. Then comes celebrating milestones in the relationship (that is remembering birthdays, anniversaries, and other significant events), attentive listening and should something go wrong, apologizing sincerely and forgiving little mistakes easily.

Next comes the helping out with tasks and gentle physical touches--if permitted--such as hugs, holding hands, or a pat in the back.

And last but not the least, come the letters and notes with personal messages, thoughtful gifts, with some of them as surprises.

The way I see it, although in our time gifts are mostly store-bought, the most cherished and thoughtful ones are the attentions we give to others in any shape or form. Store-bought or not, any gift that expresses love and appreciation is priceless for it becomes the basic token of our human connections and relationships.

As I was writing this, my next-door neighbor brought me a plate of goodies such as chocolate-covered strawberries plus other little tidbits. It was very thoughtful of her and her gift is much appreciated because it came from her heart. Aren't I the lucky one! *Smile*


.



© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061138-Appreciation