*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061098-Revisited-This-Day-in-History
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1061098 added December 17, 2023 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "This Day in History"
Today's stumble down memory lane took me all the way back to 2007: "This Day in History

Just a couple weeks more than 16 years ago, this December entry celebrated one of my most beloved holidays: the anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition. This year marks 90 years. If I'm still alive in 2033, the century mark, that should be one hell of a party.

I didn't note it in here this year, because I was traveling and other matters took priority in the blog, but you can bet I celebrated in the appropriate manner. (Get it? Bet? Because I was in Reno that day? Yeesh, tough crowd.)

Apparently, it was also the Day of the Ninja, but I always forget about that part. Hell, December 5 is also Krampusnacht,   but even that is overshadowed by the greatness that is Repeal of Prohibition Day.

The original entry up there contains a link. It's no longer viable. Don't click on it. From what I can tell, the former site, "ninjabeergarden" wasn't about drinking, but some sort of site that sold stuff. It's just that the name combined the ideas of ninja and beer (but, sadly, not Krampus). I guess. I don't even remember what sort of shit they sold.

The internet in the noughties still retained some of its weirdness. I miss that.

© Copyright 2023 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061098-Revisited-This-Day-in-History