*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061111-Its-Cold-Outside
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1061111 added December 17, 2023 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
It's Cold Outside
It's been a while since I wrote in here, and to be honest, I wasn't thinking about writing anything until after I stopped by "Invalid Item. I thought I'd see how the holiday decorating was coming along, have a Brass Monkey or two, order a basket of deep-fried banana-chips, and chat for a bit.

I had just sat down at the bar when Andre lumbered over and jumped up on the stool next to me. "Hey Chimp, what's up?" I asked in a friendly tone.

"Been busy decorating and making a batch of banana rum for the holidays while you've been slacking." Andre snapped back, indicating he was behind on his drinking and in a not to pleasant mood.

"You know how it is, with all the holiday stuff going on, shopping, and taking Max, my Husky, to the vet. I've just been kind of busy myself."

"Too busy to write any blog entries? How long does it take to write a few paragraphs? If you're as busy as you say, you should have plenty to write about. Besides, wasn't it you that asked me about a December challenge?"

I just looked down in shame and nodded. Andre watched me, but didn't say anymore, so after a minute, maybe two, I looked at him and admitted my guilt in not writing. "You're right, I should have made time to write a bit here and there. I'll get something written after I have Brass Monkey."

He shook his head. "No drinks until you have another blog entry done!" He was pointing at the door.

"Just a quick drink and then I'll go write."

Andre started to sing, and it went like this... (Baby It's Cold Outside was playing on the Jukebox)

Andre- "You really can't stay."
Me- "Monkey, it's cold outside."
Andre- "You've got to go away."
Me- "Monkey, it's cold outside."
Andre- "But your blog has been..."
Me- "Just thought that I'd drop in."
Andre- "Blank each night."
Andre- "I'll kick your ass if you don't write!"

He laughed, I laughed, he jumped down and looked quite serious at me and pointed again toward the door. I saw the ape-like determination in his eyes and nodded, "Yes, I'll go write an entry."

As I walked out the door, I heard him say, "I 'spect I'll see you later; I'll by you a drink if I like your entry."

Note to self: Don't call Andre Chimp, not even in good humor.


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061111-Its-Cold-Outside