*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061217-The-Fifth-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1061217 added December 19, 2023 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Fifth One
The Fifth One


It may be a good thing that my security job ends this Friday at 0730. After all, it looks like I’m going to need this weekend to finish writing my WDC Short Story for this month. And I don’t know if I can get it done by the end of this weekend either. I hope I can, though.

I didn’t find out anything new about the new post I may be getting. But I did find out a little bit more about it, though. Unfortunately, I won’t know what I need to know in order to get it one way or another until tomorrow morning. At least that’s what I have been told. I’m not going to count on that until it happens, though.

If I do get this new post, I’m going to need to get my guard license for Kansas City, Missouri. And I won’t be able to do that until Tuesday. Normally, I would be able to do it next Monday. But Monday is Christmas. And I won’t be able to do it Monday.

So, I’m going to need to wait until next Tuesday at the earliest. After that, I don’t know when I will be physically starting this new post. It should be right away. But even that could take a day or so before I start working there. What I’m trying to write is that I’m going to be a week without working any post.

I’m also writing that I should have plenty of time to finish writing the last five sections/parts of this Short Story. Unfortunately, that’s right. I only got one part/section written today. But it’s worse than that. It was the fifth section/part that I got written today.

Not only did I get my fifth part/section written today, but it was slightly over my thousand-word count limit for this Short Story. That means I had to do some tweaking to do on it. It took me a while to do that. But I’m still over my word count by five words. I would like it to be ten to fifteen words under a thousand, though.

Why didn’t I get more than one section/part written today? What is the usual reason why I don’t get more writing done on my days off from work aka usually Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday? That’s right. It’s because of what my brother and I needed to do today.

My brother and I didn’t have a lot that we needed to get done today. But what we needed to do took us most of the day to do it. As a result, I barely had time to get this fifth part/section written. I may have been able to get one more section/part written if not for the word count. Then again, maybe I couldn’t have gotten one more written.

What was the main reason why I didn’t get more writing done today for this WDC Short Story? it was because of work. A lot of what my brother and I needed to get done today was because of my future work post. It was mostly what I needed to get done with them. But my brother was involved too.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061217-The-Fifth-One