*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061220-BCoF---Fun-with-definitions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1061220 added December 20, 2023 at 3:38am
Restrictions: None
BCoF - Fun with definitions
I had an interesting time with some of these words for today's blog. I mean, what the heck is monachopsis? I didn't know until I looked it up. And found an interesting answer. I have had times where I felt like a fish out of water, but I usually am adaptable. I've never kept that feeling for very long, so I don't think I can identify with someone who has this particular anxiety.

Looking up the word fain, I found that the Oxford Dictionary calls it an archaic form of speech. Nobody really says fain anymore; I fain the idea of making new friends just sounds odd - I like the idea of making new friends sounds better to my hearing. Being pleased to make new friends - I guess this sounds ok, too.

Paradise - a "happily ever after" for some people, for others a promise of things to come, or even a cruel joke, as there is no paradise except the one of our making. I don't really believe that, but I do know some people who feel that way and it is sad.

Fire - something to keep you warm on a chilly night. A cozy image of a fire in a fireplace or a firepit. Constrained, and not allowed to run free - such as the wildfires that plague us during the summer. A small spark can set off devastating results.

Life - the ability to live, the kind of life one wants. Basic biology or a goal to be achieved? There are so many ways to define this life of ours.

Art - the ability to create, whether is be crafted by hand, or music, or with colors, or basically anything goes nowadays. A baby's first hand/foot prints - The Mona Lisa - yarn gnomes, rock pictures...however you identify art is a personal choice.

Independence - Not being told what to do anymore. A child's concept; except that once you leave the parents' nest, you find out just what the price of being independent truly is. Our children want to grow up so fast, but they really don't know how good they have it, that is, until they leave. Such as life, it seems.


Day 3957: December 20, 2023



Definitions




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061220-BCoF---Fun-with-definitions