*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061469-BCoF---Goodbye-2023
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1061469 added December 27, 2023 at 3:40pm
Restrictions: None
BCoF - Goodbye 2023
Dear 2023,

I've certainly have some bones to pick with you. Granted, most were of my own doing; but let's not let that get in the way of things to cover. *Smirk*

Due to my health (meaning congestive heart failure) I have been out of work this year. It's a good thing that my children love me, and they have let me stay with them and have paid for my meds that keep me going. I am grateful for that, to be sure. The other thing, diabetes - that I can say is a lot of "me" in the doing. Although I have tried to eat salads for most of the year, there is just something about potatoes and sweets that continue to trip me up. I have also downed an ocean of water, it seems. The no calorie flavors for water just doesn't work for me. I'd just rather drink plain water. But, it does get old, and I do drink powerade or koolaid or bodyarmour just for flavor on occasion.

Good news this December on the health front. My CHF function has improved from 45% to 60% with the meds that I am on. I think that having my blood pressure under control has help A LOT!

On a good note: I've done some writing for Writing.com. I've also done some crocheting, and even managed to finish a few items. I still have 3 blankets to finish; well, four if you count the temperature blanket I'd like to do. I guess time will tell.

I've spent a lot of time on the computer: playing games, binge watching programs, and doing some writing. I didn't do a lot of reviewing for December, but managed to get a reviewing ribbon from Angel Army for several of the months of 2023. Even and an Angel of the Month for October.

All in all, it's just being out of work that has been a bummer for me. I've been bored (you should see the recipes I've collected - *Mindblown* ! I am hoping to be able to go back to work in 2024 - that is my wish, at least.

So, 2023, while you haven't been the most fun, you were certainly much better than 2022, when I developed sepsis in my kidneys.

I shall say goodbye to you, and these last four days try to remember the good points and not the bad.

Sincerely,

AmyJo


Word Count: 398

signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061469-BCoF---Goodbye-2023