*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061230-Hospitality
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061230 added December 20, 2023 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
Hospitality
Prompt:
"Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality."
Write about this in your Blog entry today.


-------

Hospitality means the spirit of generosity, kindness, and the joy of giving. Add it to Christmas, the holiday season becomes a memorable one. For example, I can never forget the Christmas party a friend gave to a whole bunch of us several years ago. This was important because among us were old people who lived alone and several couples who were away from their families.

Christmas hospitality extends beyond family circles to embrace neighbors, colleagues, and even those who may be alone during the holiday season. This helps combat feelings of isolation and spreads a message of goodwill.

During this festive time, people open their hearts and homes to family, friends, and even strangers, creating an atmosphere of warmth and connection. This improves the feelings of belonging and togetherness among people, especially when the aromas of delights from the kitchen waft through the air as the host prepares a feast.

At the heart of hospitality is the principal of service, be it around Christmas time or any other place or event. A good host, at any time, understands the importance of empathy, patience, and excellent communication skills. The same goes for the host in a Christmas setting. This is because Christmas hospitality encapsulates the essence of the season—a time for love, compassion, and reaching out to others.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061230-Hospitality