*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061195-Holiday-Foods
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061195 added December 19, 2023 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Holiday Foods
Most family or holiday gatherings are centered around food. What do you think of food during the holidays and does food affect your feelings about the holidays?

***********

Warmth, happy feelings, the spirit of giving, and food altogether mean The Holiday Season. The importance of food is the one most commonly shared part of the season among everyone whether they are on a diet or not. Come to think of it, I can't even imagine anyone being on a diet during the holidays!

I mean, who can deny the effect of food on our taste buds and the profound impact of it on our emotions? Those delicious dishes evoke a sense of nostalgia, bringing up memories and traditions with the familiar scents of roasting turkey, spiced cookies, mulled cider, and the chocolate-covered goodies. Such food reinforces a sense of unity due to a family's and their friends' shared history.

Yet, there is that stress of preparing the elaborate meals and meeting the cultural expectations. Still, when people indulge in the traditional treats, all that anxiety and stress is forgotten. This is because holiday food can influence positively our moods and well-being.

Whether the holiday food carries a symbolic meaning or not, it is a strong force that goes beyond mere eating. Tradition, memory, nostalgia, joy, and other positive emotions enhance the overall appreciation and connection of people to one another. After all, who wouldn't swoon over chocolate-covered fresh strawberries, or crab-stuffed mushrooms or Pomegranate-Hazelnut Roasted Brussels Sprouts or homemade manicotti! Just the thought of those makes my mouth water, for sure!


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061195-Holiday-Foods