*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061310-Comments-on-In-the-End
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2035345
Day-to-day musings and wonderings of an infected mind.
#1061310 added December 22, 2023 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Comments on "In the End"
"In the End
Byline - 150-years after aliens have come to save humanity, is there anything left to talk about.

Who is Gigi?
Gigi is a human on Earth in the year 2173. (One of the requirements of the story was that took place 150 years in the past or future.)

Who is Tye?
Tye is also human, who is looking forward to leaving and going to a Xanth paradise.

Who are the Xanth?
The Xanth is an alien species that landed on Earth with the intention of “saving the planet”.

Why does Earth need saving?
In the story, human beings were in the process of destroying the atmosphere with pollution due to food and agriculture, Transportation, and Industrialization.

Why did Gigi think things might be better?
There were increases in the forest and animals and it made her wonder if the Earth were still on a path of decimation, why these things were doing so well.

What had the Xanth done?
The Xanth removed the sources of the pollution by removing population, taking away the need to travel, and providing all food needs.

Are the Xanth good or bad?
For the context of this story, they are neither good nor bad.

***This story may or may not lead to additional stories in this world. I like the premise and the questions it evokes. A seemingly benevolent advanced group coming to us in our time of need. Would they accept us, farm us, build us up, treat us as equals even though we obviously were not as technically able, would they share their knowledge, or keep us as we were? Would we see them as monsters, teachers, a blessing, or gods? This story isn’t a new premise, but I feel like it evokes a thousand variations with lots of food for thought.

© Copyright 2023 ZombeeLuv (UN: zombeeluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ZombeeLuv has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061310-Comments-on-In-the-End