*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061823-Comments-on-A-New-Star
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2035345
Day-to-day musings and wonderings of an infected mind.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1061823 added January 3, 2024 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
Comments on "A New Star"
"A New Star"   by ZombeeLuv
Byline - A flight to a new chance takes an unexpected turn.

This was another entry in to "The Writer's Cramp"   by Sophy . I love this contest because the stories truly can go anywhere, although one of the conditions of this entry were that it take place on a space station, so it was going to be a little scifi-y no matter what. I really was surprised that there were not more entries though.

Also, I really want to shout out to those who commented on this story. The biggest compliment a writer can get is that the reader wants more. I enjoyed writing this, it was one of those stories that once the pieces started falling into place pretty much wrote its self. As I play with the sci-fi world I am creating, there seem to be stories there that are flowing naturally.

So, about "A New Star"

Who is Syd, aka Doctor Sydney Faulkes?
Sydney has a doctorate degree in botany. Things on Earth were bad for an unexplained in the context of this story reason. She won a chance to leave and start life new on Proxima Centauri c, aka New Earth.

What happened to the crew of the space station (that was never given a name because....I don't even know)
They died because their pods failed to sustain them through the jump which lasted much longer than it should have. This is the thing right, flight is safer than car travel, however when it fails it is way more disastrous. Space flight will be more. There won't be forensics teams to figure out what happened. When we figure out how to get there, it will just be - did they arrive or not. Just like Google Maps taking you someplace you didn't mean to go, what happens if your ships navigation decides to take the long way?

Who is Zed
Zed is the android who connects with the ships Artificial Intelligence. So basically, they are the manifestation of the ship in an android.

Who are the criminal and the teacher
We haven't met them yet. Maybe their stories will come out later. I have ideas, but.... if you read this, and have read the story, what do you think?

© Copyright 2024 ZombeeLuv (UN: zombeeluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ZombeeLuv has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061823-Comments-on-A-New-Star