*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061311-Volunteering
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061311 added December 22, 2023 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
Volunteering
Prompt:
Have fun with these words: boot, lamb, mutual, discreet, letter, main, and volunteer.

----

One breezy fall morning, May Marty found a *letter from her neighbor Sam slipped under her front door.
The letter said:

"Dear May,
I have a proposal that might interest you. For the Holiday celebrations our town is planning next month, we're looking for *volunteers to organize and coordinate various activities. You're organized and *discrete and this makes you an ideal candidate for helping us.
If you agree, please come to the old oak tree by the river tomorrow at noon. Wear your best pair of *boots, as we might have to get a bit dirty.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Sam


The next day, May put on her sturdy boots and made her way toward the river. Sam was by the oak tree, waiting for her with several other neighbors of theirs.

Together, they set to work organizing activities and made plans under the old oak tree as a playful little *lamb from a nearby farm joined them.

Finally, the day of the celebration arrived and the town square buzzed with excitement with the delicious aroma of freshly baked goods and other food.

Later, in the quiet of the evening, as they stood by the river, Sam turned to May and said, "Thank you for volunteering. This *main event wouldn't have been the same without you."

May said, "Our efforts were *mutual, but I would have volunteered even if I didn't know you or got a letter from you."

Sam and May looked down at their boots and exchanged smiles, both knowing well that the smallest gestures and collaborations could create a most significant impact in a close-knit neighborhood like theirs.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061311-Volunteering