*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061593-Wyeth-and-Fall-and-Winter
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061593 added December 30, 2023 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Wyeth and Fall and Winter
Prompt:
Let this quote inspire your entry today: “I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape. Something waits beneath it; the whole story doesn’t show.” — Andrew Wyeth
Or discuss Wyeth's work if you need more inspiration.


------

What most amazes me about Wyeth is his point of view or rather the angle he looks at his subjects. It may be from the top or the side or at an angle that is somewhat off and uncanny, too. Yet with his unusual and peculiar sight, he reaches at an insight about his subjects that no run-of-the-mill painter can.

Having expressed my awe of him, I have to say, I don't agree with him about winter and fall. He may feel "the bone structure of the landscape" but I only feel the cold and the wind.

Although fall is a season of breathtaking beauty with its palette of warm hues, it is also a warning sign of the impending cold of winter. The falling leaves, are quite picturesque, and although I loved them much earlier in my life, I now see them as a symbol of decay and endings, which evokes feelings of melancholy in me. Granted, this must have something to do with the many years of life I've had. The only reason I didn't like fall during my much more youthful times was that I associated it with the return to routine. Later on came my allergies against pollen and mold spores which didn't help.

As to winter, reduced light in most days plays a role in affecting my mood as it does many other people who may even fall into depression called, Seasonal Affective Disorder. On top of it all, raw, biting cold and shorter days often mean illnesses like the flu, plus discomfort and inconvenience. Yet, watching the snow covered everything and especially the trees from behind a window in a warm room is also precious. Still, this splendid view is not enough for oldies like me to like the winter season.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061593-Wyeth-and-Fall-and-Winter