*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061674-2024
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1061674 added January 1, 2024 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
2024
Prompt: 2024
What do you expect from 2024? What or who will you turn to when you want to learn more or do more in the coming year? In what ways does 2024 excite or captivate you?


------------

Not much really! I can't expect anything from any year, except for no bad things happening. As for learning new things, I turn to myself. Factually speaking, if I don't make the effort, no one or no one thing can teach me what I need or want to know.

As to getting excited about 2024, I just hope the world survives, one more year, the stupidity of its inhabitants. Predicting the future with certainty is challenging as it depends on various factors including technological advancements, geopolitical events, and societal changes.

To tell the truth, I am hoping and possibly expecting continued progress in technology, science, and various industries. I would like to see innovations in areas like artificial intelligence, renewable energy, and healthcare to continue shaping the world. I would also like to see much improved geopolitical situations, economic conditions, and public health, because as it is, there is too much strife between countries and people, too much poverty, and public health is on all the politicians' back burner.

Yet, I think, what still works is WdC, and for that, I'm very thankful for the the owners, mods, and all the writers, artists, and readers on this site. See, despite all the negative opinion I have of the world as it is, I too can believe in the treasure at the end of a rainbow. *Smile*


.


© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061674-2024