*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061659-Im-Wrong-But-for-a-Great-Reason
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1061659 added December 31, 2023 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Wrong, But for a Great Reason
I’m Wrong, But
for a Great Reason


I took my handwriting to work yesterday because I thought that I was going to need to start doing that instead of transcribing from my scans to my laptop. Why did I think that way? It’s because I didn’t think that I was going to be able to be doing any transcribing.

Why wouldn’t I be able to transcribe my scans? It’s because it looked like I wouldn’t be able to do it. After all, I thought they were still in OneDrive. And I didn’t have an internet connection. If that had been true, then I would have been doing my handwriting again.

Luckily, I took my laptop with me to work yesterday. I had to know for sure that I would be handwriting again. And I’m very happy that I did. After all, I was wrong about not being able to transcribe my scans onto my laptop. I’m also happy about how well I did yesterday with my transcribing.

After finding out I could transcribe my scans onto my laptop, there were a few things I needed to do before I could start transcribing these scans. The first thing I needed to do was open my scans in a window above the window for my Word Documents.

The next thing I needed to do was create the Shortcut Keys to make it easier to write these scripts. I created Shortcut Keys for my SCENE HEADINGS, Action Descriptions, CHARACTER NAMES, (Character Directions), and Dialog. It wasn’t that easy to do. But it wasn’t all that hard either.

When I got about halfway through it, I realized that I couldn’t create Shortcut Keys with the keys I wanted to use. So, I had to start all over again. Luckily, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It didn’t take me too long to finish setting up so I could start my transcribing.

Overall, it took me about a half hour to get ready to start transcribing. When I first started to transcribe my scans, I wasn’t sure how long it was going to take me to transcribe. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have too many problems with the transcribing. But I was worried I would.

As it turned out, I was wrong about that too. Not only did I get fifteen scenes written about forty-eight single paragraphs, but I also got around six to eight Establishing Shots done as well. In other words, I got about fifty-four to fifty-six single paragraphs written yesterday.

Hopefully, I can continue doing that many single paragraphs per day. I don’t know how long it’s going to last to be able to do this transcribing. But I’m going to continue to do it more as long as I can. I’m not going to just do this at work. I am going to try to do it away from work too.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061659-Im-Wrong-But-for-a-Great-Reason