*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061874-300-Word-Dissolution
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1061874 added January 10, 2024 at 4:18pm
Restrictions: None
300 Word Dissolution
For "Andre's Fractured Resolutions Blog-O-Thon!"  , prompt: I resolve to restore my writing habit of at least 300 words/day. What does Andre or your Muse think about that?

My muse showed up today; Halo's been missing since Andre's party. "Where you been?"

"The bar! While chatting with Andre, he gave me some banana rum. I remember things getting fuzzy, then I'm waking up in the cellar with a tin cup; I think I was drinking banana rum out of a barrel! How's things with you?"

"I'm thinking about writing again."

"Great, but not today. I got a banana fog in my head and need sleep."

"No, not today. Actually, I was thinking of a journal, writing at least 300 words a day."

Halo laughing hysterically, "Are you going to write one word, copy and paste it 299 times or just write 1 word a day for 300 days? So, a New Year's resolution! What day is it? You've already your resolution! Hey, didn't you resolve no more resolutions?"

I explained I had resolved no more resolution and kept it for years. "It's not a New Year Resolution, it's just an idea and it's not funny!"

"Look, I know I shouldn't laugh. You mean well and want to write more. But, resolving to write every day is just setting yourself up to fail. Look at how things went last year with so many unexpected things; you got frustrated and stressed about not writing, which only added to the problem. You write for yourself with my help. If something prevents you from writing you'll get worked up, frustrated, and it'll start the cycle over again."

She knows me better than I know myself, "Your right, but I really want to write some stories again."

"I know. I want you to write, we have a great time when you're writing. Instead of a dissolution, start with something attainable like Andre's blog challenge. Do you remember the story about the mishap with the marshmallows out camping?"

"Yeah, everyone enjoyed it."

"That would be a great story to write."

"Now, I'm eager to get started."

"Me too, so don't set yourself up to fail with worthless resolutions. I want it like the old days when we'd share ideas, laugh, and turn out awesome stories."

She walked over. I thought to kiss my cheek or give a hug. Instead, she "Gibb" slapped, hard. I heard her say as she left, "300 words, what a moron!"


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061874-300-Word-Dissolution