*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061875-Written-for-Share-Your-Faith---Nature-or-Nurture
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1061875 added January 4, 2024 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Written for Share Your Faith - Nature or Nurture?
Nature or Nurture?

Nature gave me some doozies, that's for sure: Diabetes, the need for glasses, and a tendency for Alzheimer's in the future.
I didn't ask for them, but hey, sometimes things happen.

I have wiry, curly hair that I got from my biological dad. I have some hard-headedness that comes from my mom's side of the family. I'm sure that she would disagree and say it comes from my dad's side. HA!

On the other hand, the dad that raised me wasn't my "real" dad. At least biologically. But to me that doesn't matter. He chose to become my dad, and he always will be Daddy to me. He listens, gives advice only when asked, and just asks that we respect him by not lying to him. It is always my intention to give him that honor, and to remind him that I am lucky to be raised by such a man. I'm proud to call him Dad, and am so very grateful to still have him to be able to call whenever I want.

Nature or Nurture? I would argue that there is a bit of both. We cannot escape biology and all the stuff that goes with it. But we can take solace in the nurture of good and strong parents. I count myself very blessed, indeed.



WC - 274


January Prompt:





signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2024 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061875-Written-for-Share-Your-Faith---Nature-or-Nurture