*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062404-Share-the-Excitement
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1062404 added January 15, 2024 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
Share the Excitement
Words: 184

"You mean that's all?"

Julian was disappointed. He was also a little shocked. Ten adults - fully grown men and women, in the middle of the field, behaving like there was a crazy party going on. And all it was -- was -- they'd spotted some birds! Birds!

"It's the rare sarus crane, Julian. a pair of them," his mother tried to explain, but he wasn't interested. Now if they'd seen lions or tigers, or even a giraffe or a hippo -- but birds!

"Mom, may I go back to the hotel? I'm hungry."

"Sure, Julian, follow the straight path back and don't wander." His mother sighed. How could she involve her son in a hobby she was so passionate about, if he just wouldn't stay?

They were in the hotel room that evening when Julian suddenly got excited. It was Mom's turn to yawn.

"Mom, look at the TV!"

"I'm not interested in TV, Julian."

"But you're on it! You and Uncle Prashant and the rest, discovering this year's batch of migrating sarus cranes!"

They hugged each other.

They had something in common to be excited about.

© Copyright 2024 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062404-Share-the-Excitement