*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062435-Advice
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1062435 added January 15, 2024 at 11:31am
Restrictions: None
Advice
Prompt: Advice
What do you think of advice in general, wanted or unwanted? Is the advice of other people helpful to you? Is there someone in your life you can go to for advice?


--------------

Wanted or even unwanted advice is an aspect of human communication. Whether I like the advice or not, I usually receive it with open arms especially when it involves sincerity, empathy, and a willingness to teach and contribute to my well-being.

When it comes to receiving advice, it requires a certain level of openness and humility. And yes, the advice of most people have been helpful to me throughout my life. There used to be several people I'd go to for advice in my life, but unfortunately all have passed away. I guess this is what I get for outliving them. Still, I do willingly receive advice from professionals like my accountant, lawyers, and just this morning from a worker in the animal hospital, who reassured me that what I thought was wrong with my cat wasn't as bad and then she gave me an appointment with the vet for tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd worry my head off.

On the other hand, not all advice is created equal. The quality of advice depends on the source, context, and the specific situation and filtering through of information for relevance and applicability. Effective advice-giving involves understanding the context, empathizing with the person seeking guidance, and tailoring the advice to suit their unique situation. It requires good communication skills, clarity, and a genuine desire to help.

From where I sit, I consider advice to be a powerful tool for personal and collective well-being; therefore, I'm very thankful for all the knowledgeable advice given to me, through my lifetime.



.



© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062435-Advice