*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062782-A-Flick-of-Warmth
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2312124
A book to house my Daily Flash Fiction entries.
#1062782 added January 22, 2024 at 2:41am
Restrictions: None
A Flick of Warmth
Rain lashed against the window, blurring the world outside into a watercolor wash of grey. Inside, Akasha hunched over a forbidden tome, ancient glyphs flickering under the firelight. A hesitant rap shattered the silence.

"Who is it?" Akasha called, her voice icy.

A raspy voice, almost apologetic, drifted through the crack. "May I come in?"

Akasha's hand tightened around the silver crucifix beneath her collar. The voice was unknown, yet strangely compelling. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door.

A figure emerged from the storm, cloaked in darkness. He stepped forward, hood falling back to reveal a face etched with time, eyes like storm clouds. His gaze met hers, pulling her in like a moth to a flame.

Hesitantly, he spoke of a forgotten lineage, of vampires and shadows, of a world hidden in plain sight. Akasha listened, a kinship blooming in her chest. He was Godsven, a kindred spirit lost in the labyrinth of eternity.

As dawn painted the sky, a pact was forged. Godsven offered purpose, a bridge between humans and vampires. Akasha offered sanctuary, a flicker of warmth in the endless night.

With the first rays of sun, Godsven rose to leave. "I may not be the sun you seek," he said, eyes filled with unspoken longing, "but perhaps I can offer you a flicker of warmth in the endless night."

Akasha met his gaze, a forbidden hope blossoming in her heart. "Perhaps," she whispered, the word a promise in the dawning light.



WORD COUNT: 247 Words
WRITTEN FOR: "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge | "Winner for 1/21 and prompt for 1/22"  
PROMPT: Write a story that includes the line: β€œMay I come in?”
© Copyright 2024 GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062782-A-Flick-of-Warmth