*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063003-Mystery-of-The-Missing-Monkey
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1063003 added January 26, 2024 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
Mystery of The Missing Monkey
Who cares where Waldo is, I'm more concerned over where Andre is! He was hanging around the bar, like usual, the last time I was in, but it's been about a week. He was supposed to post some resolutions for us to make fun of and tear apart two days ago. (Actually he has someone else take care of the posting, but still.)

Even though he can be a bit crude at times, he's a likable fellow and his absence has me wondering if something didn't happen to him. I mean, he does pilfer bananas from the grocery store quite often, maybe they got wise and set a trap for him. Or, it could be the gas station down the street. The one he frequents to appropriate toilet paper from the men's room.

It may even be, but I hope not, that he started taking some of the resolutions seriously. What if he decided to go for a hike everyday? Did anyone explain to him how this works? Andre may have decided to walk a couple of miles each day without knowing he is supposed to walk back! By now, he could be miles and miles away.

Then again, he may just be down in the basement checking the banana rum, or exploring some of the tunnels. There are some strange and atrocious stories and rumors of those tunnels and they are dangerous to man and beast monkey!

Just as likely, he may have left a note for Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. , who is not available right now, to post the resolutions, then descended to the basement to check on his swill rum and, after sampling various, and numerous, barrels of banana rum, wandered over to the room Wordsmitty ✍️ bunks in and passed out.

I reckon time alone will solve the mystery of the missing monkey.

2023 Quill Nominee.
A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063003-Mystery-of-The-Missing-Monkey