*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063393-The-Short-of-It
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1063393 added February 3, 2024 at 5:03pm
Restrictions: None
The Short of It
Written for February - SHORT MONTH, SHORT BLOGS

Yesterday I had to do some running and shopping. While in the grocery store, an elderly lady approached me and asked for my help in the next isle, "Excuse me, but would you help me get a jar down from the top shelf?"

I agreed and followed her around the corner to a jar of pickles that was on the top shelf. Being short, she was unable to reach it. I, being six foot, easily reached the jar and handed it to her. "Thank you, I just couldn't reach. It must be so nice being tall like you."

I looked down into her eyes and replied, "No, mam, it aint!"

"It isn't." She corrected.

"That's what I said, it isn't." (I thought of saying aint again but refrained).

She looked puzzled, "Whatever could be wrong with being tall?"

"Well, you know how you couldn't reach the jar and asked me for assistance?"

"Yes."

"For me, it's the opposite problem. I have so far to reach for items on the bottom shelf, it's almost impossible. But If I was to hunt down some person of your stature and ask for help getting an item from the bottom shelf, I'd likely get kicked in the shin!"

2023 Quill Nominee.
A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063393-The-Short-of-It