*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063208-Seventeen-the-Hard-Way
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1063208 added January 30, 2024 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Seventeen, the Hard Way
Seventeen, the Hard Way


That’s right. I did seventeen single paragraphs today regarding my SpaceHorrors scriptwriting/novel/short stories project. That is three Chapters and two parts of a fourth Chapter that I wrote for my third Novel Outline for the October Prep Challenge. But it came at a price.

That price was going Cold Turkey for most of the time I spent writing it. What does Cold Turkey mean to me? And why did I have to go to Cold Turkey today? To me, Cold Turkey means that I had to do my writing with as little distraction as possible. There are a lot of possible distractions. But the main ones to me are TV and movies.

It’s mostly TV that is a distraction to me. It doesn’t stop me from writing. But it can slow me down a little bit sometimes. Movies can do the same thing. Only I don’t write while I’m watching them as much as I do TV. I still watch them sometimes. But it’s usually TV I’m watching while I write.

Of course, my brother is a distraction too. but he’s not as big of a distraction as TV and movies are. I can still write while he’s bugging me. The only time it is a distraction is when we need to do things that need to be done today. Then I don’t have the time to do any writing. That is what happened to me today. That’s what usually happens to me.

My brother had a lot of things we needed to get done today. But it was mostly me that needed to do something. It’s usually my brother who has something that needs doing. Today it was mostly me. We did have a few things we needed to do together. But there were some things I needed to do alone.

Unfortunately, it took me most of the afternoon to get them done. And they still haven’t been done completely. At least one of them hasn’t. I went as far as I could with that problem. But I still haven’t finished it yet. Hopefully, I can do it tomorrow. If I’m lucky, I can resolve it tomorrow. Does that mean another Cold Turkey tomorrow?

Hopefully, it doesn’t mean another Cold Turkey tomorrow too. but I don’t think it will come to that, though. If I can complete it tomorrow, I should know if I can fairly quickly. And if I can’t, it shouldn’t take too much time from my writing. At least I hope that it doesn’t.

I had another decision to make today besides going Cold Turkey. The decision was how many single paragraphs I wanted to finish today. After all, I could have stopped at twelve. That has been my average most of the time with these single paragraphs. But I had about an hour left to get some more writing done. So, I decided that I could do five more.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063208-Seventeen-the-Hard-Way