*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063268-Stockings-More-Then-a-Fashion-Statement
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#1063268 added February 2, 2024 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
Stockings: More Then a Fashion Statement
Istijlál (Majesty) 14 Sulṭán (Sovereignty) 180 B.E. - Thursday, February 1, 2024

Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts February 1!
#2213121 by Elisa the Bunny Stik

Prompt 1 of 8: Fashion - Stockings

"Your stockings prove your virtues. Be certain they are clean and free of tears."
Emilie Autumn

Fashion is such a fickle thing.
Always something new to purchase.
Stocking are a necessity!
His should match his...What? Tie or shoes?
Is compression stockings required?
Only if your feet and legs swell.
New stockings make your feet happy!

"Lost time is like a run in a stocking. It always gets worse."
Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Since becoming an adult, I have never wore a pair of stocking that did not eventually get a run in them. Even my compression stocking eventually got runs in them. When I was working as a waitress, I carried a bottle of clear nail polish to prevent the run from getting worse while I was working.

The problem with the nail polish solution was taking off the stockings. When the nail polish dried it and the stocking stuck to my legs. Taking the stocking off always made the run worse, but the stocking was ruined anyway. I would have to purchase a new pair, one of which would eventually get a run in it. I always purchased my work stockings in the same style and color, so if one got a run I always had an extra stocking.

I wear compression stockings most of time. I prefer the knee highs with open toes. I find the knee highs easier to get on. The open toes are convenient when I go to my podiatrist to have my toe nails cut, because I do not have to take the stockings off.

If you wear compression stockings of any type you can find an instructional video on YouTube to show you how to put them on. Also, there is a sock assistance device to help put the stockings on. If you need compression stockings, you should go to a doctor for a prescription. When you go to purchase compression stocking you need to know whether you need moderate compression, 15-20 mmHg, or firm compression, 20-30 mmHg.


Word Count: 358



© Copyright 2024 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063268-Stockings-More-Then-a-Fashion-Statement