*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063529-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-1-Astronaut-in-the-Ocean
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1063529 added February 5, 2024 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
Soundtrack of Your Life Entry #1 Astronaut in the Ocean
I'm signed up to participate in a February blogging event called "The Soundtrack of Your Life where the goal is to share different music videos throughout the month. There is a special merit badge awarded for those who manage to complete 29 entries this month. This activity actually plays right into my wheelhouse. I basically have a favorites Youtube music list that I have been slowly developing over the years which I am really happy to share.


Anyway, lets start with one of the more recent ones added to my list:
Astronaut in the Ocean by Masked Wolf



I first heard this song watching an Instagram reel where a magician was revealing how different magic tricks were done.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwnYcv3rN9Z/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng%3D%3D
It was a great soundtrack choice as it captured the feelings I had when watching each magic trick and seeing how it was performed; that sense of having your mind blown with the initial trick followed by realization when the slight of hand was shown again via "slow motion" replay. It really matched with the lyrics of the song perfectly. What wound up happening though was that the magician went through the tricks so quickly that I needed to rewatch the reel several times to see how each trick was done. One sidenote on the magician's video itself is that even knowing how each trick was performed I was still very impressed with the tricks themselves. They all required skill to pull off.

In any case as you can imagine as a result of repeated rewatching, the chorus got this stuck in my head. I really like it. It has a fast beat and an energetic feel to it. The titular lyric also paint a great visual picture. I imagine Astronauts underwater with time slowing down. The song style is awesome as well giving a trance feel mixed in with a bit of rap. The electronic synthesizing gives it modern touch and it seems like it is a great song to play at a club.
-*ChessRookB*

a signature image






© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063529-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-1-Astronaut-in-the-Ocean