*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063600-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-2-I-Follow-Rivers
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1063600 added February 6, 2024 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
Soundtrack of Your Life Entry #2 I Follow Rivers
Day 2 of "The Soundtrack of Your Life challenge. *Smile*

Today's song is
I Follow Rivers by Lykke Li




It is very rare that I would add a song upon instant listen to this list. More often than not... I have heard the music for it playing somewhere in the past and get a reminded of it recently when it was either playing in the background of a store, commercial, television show or Youtube video which I have been watching. It usually leads me to google some of its lyrics upon my next visit to Youtube. Such is the case with "I follow rivers". I think I heard it in a commercial originally but I didn't add it until I heard it again recently this month. I think I was watching a Youtube video where it was playing in the background and thought it sounded really nice. This is another trance mix. It has a great staccato like beat. The song seems to fit with its title. I can picture a coursing river listening to it. It is a great juxtaposition of wild and controlled. I find myself thinking of white water rafting where it is chaotic but flows in one direction. It is like you are following a stream. There is also a little bit of romantic feel to this song too as the singer seems to be mentioning someone she cares about.

For some reason I can't help thinking of another song "I will Follow you" when I am listening to this as well. I guess it makes sense. Though they sound completely different, they do share similar lyrics.

-*ChessRookB*

a signature image








© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063600-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-2-I-Follow-Rivers