*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063843-Remembering-the-Beatles
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1063843 added February 9, 2024 at 11:24am
Restrictions: None
Remembering the Beatles
Prompt:
At approximately 8:12 p.m. Eastern time, Sunday, February 9, 1964 on the Ed Sullivan Show we were introduced to the Beatles. How many Beatle songs do you remember? What's your favorite Beatle song and why? Which Beatle did you like the best John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney?


------------

How do I recall the Beatles? Let me count the ways.

I think it began with the album Please, Please Me or was it the one With the Beatles? It was such a long time ago.

I distinctly remember my then best-friend and classmate wearing four small, red beatle-shaped jewelry on her coat's collar. In the beginning, I shrug off her "youthful exuberance," but then this was around the time when the so-called Beatlemania had started.

The group's other albums followed. I know their names through my friend who took an extra job to buy all their albums and her grades went down, and also, her thesis was delayed.

During the next few years, the Beatles' music evolved with more international and sophisticated ideas, like folk and Indian music, such as the Norwegian Wood. I recall even my mother tapping her foot to Eleanor Rigby. Beatles' innovations as a group found their best form in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Yes, they came up with many other albums, too, but I liked their songs best, maybe after they disbanded, for I found, then, more time in my life to listen to what had been and what I had missed.

Of their music, I like these songs the best: Let it Be, Hey Jude, Something, I Wanna Hold Your Hand, The Long and Winding Road and others.

Of all the Beatles, although it is hard to choose a favorite, I liked Paul Mc Cartney the best. After all, he was the composer/songwriter of the group who sang the Silly Love Songs.

Like I said earlier, it was such a long time ago!


.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063843-Remembering-the-Beatles