*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063928-Little-House
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1063928 added February 10, 2024 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
Little House
Prompt:
On February 10, 1957, Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of the best-selling Little House series of children’s novels based on her childhood on the American frontier, dies at age 90 in Mansfield, Missouri.
Did you read any of the Little House series or watch the television series? Did you enjoy her writing style?


--------

I read the very first book sometime during my fifth and sixth grade years and I watched bits and pieces from the TV series, later. It felt interesting yet not-too-real to me. Laura in the story, seemed to be a wise alec to my then-mind in a way. But I liked their attic. The log cabin, early frontier life, the harsh realities, and the vivid descriptions and later scenes on the TV did give a glimpse of the challenges faced by the early settlers.

I never know how to answer a question about any author's writing style. Laura Ingalls-Wilder's style is her style as is every other writer's. If we didn't have our differences in our writing styles, then the entire literature would sound as if it were produced by a machine.

I appreciate, however, that she wrote from life as she witnessed the changes in American society and employed timeless themes of family, resilience and the human spirit.


.


© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063928-Little-House