*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064037-Some-Rewriting-to-Do
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1064037 added February 11, 2024 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
Some Rewriting to Do
Some Rewriting to Do


It’s not as bad as this blog title makes it look like. I’m not doing a rewrite of any of my short stories, novels, scripts, etc. At least not in the way it appears. I will do some rewriting of what I have been working on lately, but I’m not going to be writing everything just yet.

For the last few months, I have been using the words ‘And’ and ‘But’ to start off a sentence. It seems that everyone else can do it, but I can’t. So, for the last few days, I haven’t been doing it either. A good example of that is these blog entries. I haven’t been doing it with these words for several days now.

I have never started a sentence with the word ‘Or,’ and I have never started a paragraph with any of these three words. Of course, others have done that. I’m not sure if they have or not with the word ‘Or,” but I know they have with the words ‘And’ and ‘But.’

When it comes to the word ‘Or,’ it just doesn’t look right to begin a paragraph with it. It’s not too much better to use the words ‘And’ and ‘But’ to start a paragraph either, but it is a little bit better than using the word ‘Or.’ It isn’t just my short stories and novels either. I won’t do it with my scripts. Especially, the word ‘Or.”

I’m sometimes tempted to use the words ‘And’ or ‘But’ to start an Action Description or some Dialogue, but I won’t do that either. Some writers do, but I’m not one of them. It’s something I don’t like to do. The only reason I tried to do it was to be like everyone else who could do it.

What I’m trying to get at with these last few paragraphs is the reason I’m going to be doing some rewriting. I have already done it with these blog entries lately, my last WDC Short Story for this month, and the third Novel Outline for the October Prep Challenge, but I haven’t done it with my scripts yet or the rest of this Novel Outline.

I don’t know when I will do these rewrites. Maybe I will start rewriting the third Novel Outline once I finish writing Part One of my SpaceHorrors Movie Introduction. Then again, I may wait until I finish writing Part Two. I haven’t decided which way I’m going to do it yet.

There is one thing I do know. That is, I’m going to wait until I finish writing Part One of my third Novel Outline, and the transcribing of Part One of my Water Wars scriptwriting project before I do any rewriting. Then I will decide if I’m going back to do rewriting now or wait until I finish Part Two of these projects.

Will probably go back to do the rewriting after I get done with these Part Ones. After all, I’m already caught up with doing them because that is the way I have been writing them lately. The only rewriting I need to catch up on is what I have already written so far.






© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064037-Some-Rewriting-to-Do