*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064319-My-Buts-and-Ands
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1064319 added February 17, 2024 at 3:28am
Restrictions: None
My 'Buts' and 'Ands'
My ‘Buts’ and ‘Ands’


It took me about an hour and a half to finish writing Part One of my Water Wars scriptwriting project aka the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars television series. That means I had about five hours to start updating this script the way I want it to be updated now.

The update was to eliminate the ‘Buts’ and ‘Ands’ from the beginning of my sentences. Not from the paragraphs because I don’t start my paragraphs with my ‘Buts’ or ‘Ands.’ Especially, my ‘Ands.’ I don’t think that looks right. Everyone else can do it, but I won’t.

As I just wrote, everyone else can start a paragraph or a sentence with ‘But’ or ‘And,’ but I can’t do that. That’s one of the reasons why I’m doing this update. It’s a Hippocratic word. It seems that everyone can write it one way, but if I don’t do it like everyone else I’m wrong.

It’s also a kind of Catch-22. Everyone expects me to write like everyone else, but when I do, I’m still doing it wrong. Either way, I lose. If I do it like everyone else, I’m wrong, but if I don’t do it like everyone else, I’m wrong too. So, either way, I lose.

It isn’t just the way everyone thinks I should be writing my short stories, scripts, novels, etc. I’m also doing this update because I want to do it. Not only am I doing it because of the ‘Buts’ and ‘Ands,” but I’m also doing it for any mistakes that I made with this script.

So far, I haven’t had too many ‘Buts’ and ‘Ands’ that I needed to update, but I have had a few. Unfortunately, I haven’t had too much time to do my update yesterday at work. I only got forty-five scenes updated. That leaves a hundred and thirty-five left to go.

Updating isn’t all I’m doing, though. I’m also finding a lot of mistakes that I need to fix. Some of them were too short of lines, and some were an extra line or two in a paragraph. The shortness of a line wasn’t too hard to fix, but the extra line or two sometimes were.

Sometimes the end of a line was also hard to do, but not as hard as the end of a line. The biggest problem I’m having with these lines or extra lines is because I don’t know how they got there. Especially, the extra lines. When I wrote them the first time there were no extra lines.

There weren’t any problems with the end of lines either, but I have been careful not to have any extra lines too. I don’t know how it happened, but I got both of them now. In other words, it’s a good thing that I decided to do this update with my ‘Buts’ and ‘Ands.’







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064319-My-Buts-and-Ands