*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064334-Humankind-Between-the-Evil-and-the-Good
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1064334 added February 17, 2024 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Humankind: Between the Evil and the Good
Prompt:
On February 17th, 1992, convicted serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was sentenced to 15 consecutive life terms for a series of gruesome murders; he was later killed by a fellow prison inmate. What do you know about infamous serial killers?


------

I know next to nothing about serial killers, but I remember the J. Dahmer case. He was just sick. That was what my husband (RIP) said at that time, and that, I think, is correct. This is such a gruesome subject, though. I guess human mind can alternate between sick and evil and good and Godly, even sometimes within the same person. It is important to keep in mind that there is no particular cause or reason for serial killing.

On the opposite side of the coin stand tall the totally godly and good natured people, living lives that are rich in virtue and kindness. They are the do-gooders who spread love and assistance to those who need it. I believe their assets are spiritual conviction, compassion for all creation, patience, forgiveness, generosity, peacefulness, humility, and integrity. They do what they do out of love for the humankind as this love rules at the core of their nature.

While on the subject, I thought of Mother Teresa for all she did, who had all the virtues I mentioned in the above paragraph. I also need to mention Mahatma Gandhi, MLK, Oskar Schindler, Florence Nightingale, and Nelson Mandela.

I know there are many other godly and good people like them in the world, even on this day, who are either unknown or they choose to stay unknown. Whoever they are, I'm truly thankful for their existence, their philanthropic efforts, humanitarian work, and acts of kindness. Without them, our human race couldn't have survived.


.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064334-Humankind-Between-the-Evil-and-the-Good