*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064446-Hidden-Talents
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1064446 added February 19, 2024 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Hidden Talents?
Prompt: Talents
What does the word "talent" mean to you? Then, what if you had a hidden talent that you didn't know you had? What do you think that talent could be?


--------

Talent, to me, is the inclination or the ability or some kind of a gift of the creation for something, and that's how we have child prodigies. Often, talents are undiscovered abilities that lie beneath a human being's personality.

As for me, I have always believed in the "One percent inspiration to 99% perspiration" idea, which can also mean that, here, 'inspiration' may equal or come close to being a talent. This is because nothing came to me out of the thin air or was easy to accomplish, unless I worked very hard for it.

Yet, there are hidden talents in most people. One common sign of hidden talents is their unexpected nature. People may go about their daily lives while being completely unaware of the extraordinary abilities they possess. It could be a knack for anything under the sun, such as playing a musical instrument, an uncanny talent for mimicry or humor, or a natural aptitude for solving complex problems. Sometimes, individuals might stumble upon their hidden talents by chance, often discovering a newfound passion or interest.

More often than not, I can recognize the hidden talents in others much easier than I can do in myself. This may be due to life being multi-faceted and the nature of individual abilities being varied.

In other words, hidden talents are the hidden gems within each one of us, waiting to be unearthed and polished. As for me, I'm too old to search for any hidden talents inside myself, and as for being old, chances are my hidden talent is being able to live through all sorts of things. In that way, I think I may just be quite talented! *Laugh*



.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064446-Hidden-Talents