*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064443-Halloween-Theme-John-Carpenter
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2313405
A book to contain all my entries for The Soundtrack of Your Life. Come enjoy listen.
#1064443 added February 19, 2024 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
Halloween Theme John Carpenter
*Monster1* Halloween (1978)
Genre: Horror/Crime
Artists: John Carpenter
Cody Carpenter
Daniel Davies *Monster2*


Children sing this as the movie starts...
*Music2* Black cats and goblins and broomsticks and ghosts,
Covens of witches with all of their hosts
You may think they scare me,
You're probably right
Black cats and goblins
On Halloween night
Trick or treat *Music2**Scared*





I still wasn't around when this movie and it's theme came out, but I do listen to it, and I'm sure there isn't a soul that doesn't know it. I can remember what I was doing the first time I heard this, and out of every movie I've ever seen this rocks, so much so that the later movies kept it. The boogeyman. No instruments used in this and that always blow my mind. It's a tense, nerve jangling score. It sounds wonderful in my car and I lay my leg against the door and feel it. I won't go into what the movie is about, I do hope that you know though. Ever single scary thing will have a clip of this theme it works so well to make me spooked.

John Carpenter wasn't that old when this movie and Movie Theme rocked the Us, and the rest of the world in the next few years. What touches us, is that it can happen anywhere and does. Found this too:

The main thing is that it’s in 5/4 time, an asymmetrical meter. It's got five pulses instead of just a group of two or of three. That's pretty unusual, at least for film music and for mainstream music.

https://www.davidson.edu/news/2022/10/12/somethings-not-right-here-how-music-hal...

I should learn more about music score, as I have another song later on that is something similar, and I know the beat disturbs me, and it's super creepy I don't understand meter in music. Made on a low budget, and so scary and horror is what I enjoy I can't help but add this. To hear horror is to listen to this. Before this and Psycho music for movies was done by orchestra, this is a synthesizer, which you probably know. It's amazing what still can be done with little money. When music is created truly for a purpose and nailed it. The think about Michael he truly stalking and waited for the right moment to kill, and the classics setup of "final girl"
© Copyright 2024 StaiNed-House Targaryen (UN: staine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StaiNed-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064443-Halloween-Theme-John-Carpenter