*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064628
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2242614
entering Wonderland again
#1064628 added February 21, 2024 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
A-2 Drink Me/Eat Me
Create a new drink/beverage and a dish – from your imagination – that should be appealing (or not) to the reader.

An evening drink:

This is such a strange challenge. I mostly drink water and the occasional juice and Dr. Pepper, so I don't have much experience in mixing drinks. I guess in the winter I also drink some hot chocolate and herbal tea, especially if it's cold or I'm feeling ill. But I genuinely don't drink alcohol or anything complicated. I guess the most adventurous I've gotten was experimenting with juice.

So, in the evening, as I take an ever increasing handful of medication and vitamins, I pour half a glass of seltzer water (unflavored) and add a dash of lemonade to taste—which is cold enough to cool me down as I get ready to end my day and just sweet enough to be satisfying.

For variety, brew a pitcher of iced peppermint tea and drink that instead (replacing either the lemonade or the seltzer). That isn't as sweet, but very refreshing.

A sweet dish:

Line an eight by eight cake pan with a layer of parchment paper.

Take a can of sweetened condensed milk (yes, the really, really, sweet stuff that my sister calls “Yum”). Warm it on the stove with a half a stick of butter until the butter melts, stirring constantly. Add two heaping handfuls of chocolate chips and a big scoop of peanut butter, Melt until the mixture is uniformly smooth.

Place mixture in prepared pan and refrigerate until solid. Cut into small pieces and eat as peanut butter fudge.

For variety, replace the peanut butter with nutella or the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips.

© Copyright 2024 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064628