*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064651-Thinking-About-My-Updates
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1064651 added February 21, 2024 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking About My Updates
Thinking About My Updates


I’m almost done with the single sentences for Part Two of my Water Wars scriptwriting project. The only one I need to do is the single-sentence Scene Outline. Unfortunately, I didn’t have that much time today to get into this Outline. I only had a couple of hours today to work on my SpaceHorrors scriptwriting/novel/short stories project.

I didn’t think that I would be able to get any writing done on this project, but happily, I was wrong about that. It wasn’t that much time I got to work on it, but I did have a couple of hours. Long enough for me to finish the single sentences Story Outline. Unfortunately, I barely got that much writing done today, but not for the usual reasons.

The updating of Parts One and Two of this project got me thinking about my television series. Originally, I was going to use Episode One to explain what happened after Vimmon and the others like him started being a DeathBringer, but that changed a little bit thanks to this update. It didn’t end the way it was supposed to end.

There are too many unanswered questions at the end of Part Two. After all, he has just started his killing spree. Starting with the Creators who created him. Now he knows he’s a Kesim, but he’s also a Creation. A Creation who is supposed to kill other Kesims. So far, he’s not a DeathBringer. He’s a Creation.

I still could have made Episode One and Two an extension of this Movie Introduction, but I don’t like two-part episodes. What happens if you can watch Part One for some reason? Then there’s no reason why you should watch Part Two. At least that’s how I feel. I don’t know who else feels this way, but it’s how I feel about two-parters.

My solution to this new wrinkle is to have a Part Three and a Part Four Movie Introduction. That kind of works out in a way. After all, each storyline starts and ends in a different part. Before it was Feome and Vimmon that did this. Now it will be Boalim and Sarha too. That’s the way it should be. At least that’s what I think.

The storylines will be the same. They have just been expanded. That’s great for my scriptwriting part of this scriptwriting, but it may not be for the Novel part of it. I’m not sure how I will handle that. Should I write it as a four-part Novel, a two-part Novel, or a single Novel? I haven’t figured out the answer to that one yet.

If I do it as one Novel, it will be about one thousand and fifty-two pages long. That’s a very long novel. One of the longest novels there has been. War and Peace may still be the longest. Maybe some of the Harry Potter Novels or another Novel that I don’t know about, but it could also be the longest one. I’m not sure about that.

On the other hand, if it’s a two-part novel then it will be about five hundred and seventy-six pages long. That’s not too bad, but it’s still kind of long compared to most novels today. If it’s a four-part Novel, then it will be about two hundred and eighty-eight. That is kind of small for a novel in today’s world.

However long it is or how many parts it is, the novel can still be part of the October Prep Challenge. All I need to do is start it. I don’t need to finish it for this Challenge. Of course, I will finish it. After all, this isn’t just a novel. It’s also an explanation for how the DeathBringers became DeathBringers.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064651-Thinking-About-My-Updates