*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064876-CHRONICALLY-CAUTIOUS
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1064876 added February 25, 2024 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
CHRONICALLY CAUTIOUS
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 12
"CHRONICALLY CAUTIOUS" by Braden Bales


This is the first of two entries in this year's "The Soundtrack of Your Life playlist that I think really speak to an entire generation of fans and are honest about their day-to-day struggles. Lyrics like "overloaded serial stresser", "the source of my serotonin is only digital", and "panic on a loop in my head" are such great ways of contextualizing living with anxiety and stress. It's no wonder this song has been so incredibly popular this year, especially among kids on TikTok who play the music behind videos of them living their normal lives, or even just singing along with the lyrics.

I don't know a lot else that Braden Bales has done, so it remains to be seen whether he's a one-hit wonder or has some other songs to offer that will really speak with his generation, but this is definitely a song that's been on repeat a lot for me this year, especially when I'm feeling a little down and struggling with life stuff in general.




© Copyright 2024 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064876-CHRONICALLY-CAUTIOUS