*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065057-King-of-Wishful-Thinking
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1065057 added February 28, 2024 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
King of Wishful Thinking
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 20
"King of Wishful Thinking" by COTTA


I had a weird experience finding this song... I wasn't familiar with an artist named COTTA, but I was sure I'd heard this version of Go West's hit song "King of Wishful Thinking" before. It was bugging me until I realized where I'd heard it before; it was actually a contestant's audition for a singing competition. Cassidy Mackie was a semi-finalist on Season 11 of The Voice Australia, and this was her audition   that got her selected for the competition. I'm not entirely sure why she released the song under the name COTTA since she currently seems to be an acoustic wedding and event performer under her given name, but I'm so glad I found this track on Spotify because this is one of my all-time favorite songs, and I think this is a beautiful, modern update of a song with an original that feels very dated and 80s (not that that's a bad thing all the time... *Wink*).




© Copyright 2024 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065057-King-of-Wishful-Thinking