*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065284-A2--The-Antipathies
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2313753
another trip down the rabbit hole...
#1065284 added February 29, 2024 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
A2 "The Antipathies"
I caught the rabbit by his ankle as he dove into a hole beneath a tree root. He had momentum and so did I. He fell. I fell after him. The fall went on for quite some time and as I fell I saw creatures falling head first with their arms stretched out as though they were using them for legs. Goodness, would I have to walk on my hands when I reached the bottom? Surely I could do a little flip and stand like normal. These creatures stared at me incredulously as I fell feet first flailing my arms like they wagged their legs above them. The only time we seemed to meet eye to eye was when they caught themselves on outstretched roots with their legs and stopped falling. I continued to fall past.

I tried to catch myself with my arms to stop my fall but my arms aren't strong enough to hold my weight though their legs seemed strong enough to catch them. They seemed to think I was blatantly stupid for not using my legs properly. I considered flipping and trying to catch myself with my legs, but I didn't know how much fall I had left and I really felt like I was safer landing on my legs and perhaps breaking them rather than falling on my head and cracking it open. That was about when my fall began to slow and my feet came gently to a rest on a surface. I could make out the creatures running off on their hands and somewhere off in the dim light I could hear the rabbit scolding himself.


301 words



LinkTextHere

© Copyright 2024 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065284-A2--The-Antipathies