*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065451-C-2-The-Dodo
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313324
My Aventures in Wonderland
#1065451 added March 3, 2024 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
C. 2. "The Dodo"
"The Dodo"


– A caucus race has been suggested, where everyone has to run around in circles with no clear winner. Create a blog entry (or static item) where you are in such a race with ten other participants. Who are these fine folks, and why would you put them in this meaningless race? (<1000 words)


Dodo Bird in Wonderland


Word count: 760

         The waves co}e in as an aquamarine and turn golden as they churn the sand on the shore. Each hue is made more pretty by the brilliant white of the crests, drawing the eye away from the cloudless sky.
Angela Abraham


         Perched on a rock, the flightless "Starter," Mr. Dodo, blew his whistle and flailed his wings to capture the attention of the caucus racers.

"Have all those who plan to participate emerged from the sea?" he shouted as he searched the waters for more bobbing bodies. A positive mumble rippled across the small crowd.

"Good! Racers, keep in mind. There is only one rule. Once the race is started, you must run in circles until you are dry, after which you may collect your prize. Are you ready?"

Mr. Dodo looked over the fidgeting crowd of racers:

*BulletR* Krissy - She is a bit older than the rest, she is an aspiring writer and don't be fooled, she is stronger than she looks. I have confidence in her endurance.

*BulletR* Popeye - Now, here is a strong fellow. His endurance will remain excellent if Spinach is always available, Olive oil is hired as his cheerleader, and Brutus's attention is diverted.

*BulletR* Mina from the Planet Mongolia - This little lady is a Space Engineer. Because of her stature, she will need a head start. When she runs, she waddles fast. When she walks, she waddles slowly. She doesn't understand or speak a word of English but has a way of talking people into anything. Between you and me, she understands more than she lets on. *Wink*

*BulletR* Mr. Ed, the Talking Horse - Endurance - excellent, has four legs instead of two and is a convincing political orator. He'll have no problem finishing if he doesn't get into a speaking match with Mina from Mongolia. *FacePalm*

*BulletR* Pusey, The Cheshire Cat - He is best known for his broad grin and his ability to disappear and reappear at will. He will not have a problem keeping the other racers on their toes because they will have no idea of his whereabouts throughout the race.

*BulletR* Wile E. Coyote - He is a hungry guy who craves roadrunner. He is a lot fun to be around and basically, he is really harmless. He really isn't too bright, so to be safe, the Card Soldiers are searching him for any explosives.

*BulletR* Rambo - His purpose for entering the caucus race is to give Krissy something to drool over. Perhaps we can thrill her and talk him into one of his famous B*** shots. I think her heart can take it.

*BulletR* Joe Biden - This would be interesting. He would fit right into Wonderland, he's crazy and would set a prime example to the other racers on running in circles, being indecisive of what he's thinking, where he's going, and what will happen when he gets there.

*BulletR* Dinah, the Cat and Krissy's Travel companion - She would be a lot of fun to have along. She has one draw-back though, she is vainglorious and celebrates National Selfie Day (June 21st) everyday. If I were asked to bet on her finishing—I wouldn't.

*BulletR* Geronimo - He is an Iffy racer. He is strong and can endure almost anything except staying put. Many believed he had supernatural powers because he escaped from the cavalry over twenty times. Getting him to join wouldn't be challenging, but getting him to stay put is almost out of the question.

*BulletR* Donald Trump - Who better to flip for Pizza, Chicken, Beer, and a Hot Fudge Sunday for the group when the race has ended? *BigSmile*


© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065451-C-2-The-Dodo