*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065965-H-1-And-the-Moral-of-That-Is
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313324
My Aventures in Wonderland
#1065965 added March 10, 2024 at 5:46am
Restrictions: None
H. 1. "And the Moral of That Is"
"And the Moral of That Is"


W/C: 440

. "And the Moral of That Is" – The Duchess does seem to find a lot of morals in things, so tell us a non-fictional event that left you with a most important moral you’ll never forget. (<1000 words).

         Krissy, the youngest of four children, came from a family where both parents were teachers, and the father was the patriarch of the family and a strict one at that. She was, however, spoiled and didn't want for much. She was seven when her parents purchased a lovely four-bedroom house three blocks from the
Community College.

          Krissy thought it was a grand house. It was large and she had her own room. The kitchen was an open kitchen with a breakfast bar. It curved at one end. Her father sat at the end, and Krissy's place was on the curve. She liked that. Her father, being very religious and an ex-marine, expected a lot from his children. If he said jump, you asked How high, and you didn't leave your chores until he had inspected them.

         The family had just moved into their new home, and it didn't take too long before Krissy made a couple of friends her age. One day one of her friends asked her to walk down to the store with her. A small shopping center was only four blocks away. Krissy asked and was granted permission. They had fun walking and talking. While at the store, Krissy's friend talked her into stealing a bubblegum. The friend justified it by saying that she always did it and it was okay, and if she wanted her for a friend, Krissy would do it. Krissy did.

         With the bubblegum in hand, Krissy ran into her father as she left the store. Her father noticed it and asked what she had. Her friend left, and Krissy was left to face the music. She opened her hand and showed her father the gum. She nodded when asked if she had stolen it. Her father turned her back around, and marched her back into the store and paid for it.

         At home, Krissy was sent to her room. When called for dinner, she came and sat at the breakfast bar. There, attached to a piece of thread, was the bubblegum. Her father had taped the sting to the cupboard and hung it in Krissy's eating spot. She had to look at the gum during every meal for two weeks. Of course, the entire family knew why it was there.

         The story's moral is—You Don't Take What Isn't Yours or Paid For.

To this day, I never chew gum.



© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065965-H-1-And-the-Moral-of-That-Is