*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065988-Not-Even-Fifteen
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1065988 added March 10, 2024 at 5:13am
Restrictions: None
Not Even Fifteen
Not Even Fifteen


Last Sunday, I did two blog entries for that day. One for Saturday and one for Sunday. The only difference was that they were both about scriptwriting. Saturday it was for my Water Wars scriptwriting project and Sunday it was for my SpaceHorrors scriptwriting/novel/short stories project.

The only other difference was it was also part of the scriptwriting part of my SpaceHorrors project. I’m still in the single-sentence Scene Outline part of this project. Once I get these single-sentence Scene Outlines done, I will start working on the novel part of this project.

That’s another reason why I’m writing this blog entry. I’m going to be working on my SpaceHorrors project today. There is something I need to do first, but I will be working on this project after I finish what else I need to do today. What I need to do first is another reason why I’m doing this blog entry now.

The other thing I need to do is related to the WDC Short Story that I’m writing this month. It’s part of my ‘Other Than Scriptwriting’ blog. That’s the other blog entry I will be writing today. I just won’t be writing it until this day is almost over as I do with most of my blog entries now.

That’s enough of why I’m writing two blog entries again. Now it’s time to write about what I did yesterday at work or in this case, what I didn’t transcribe yesterday. I don’t know how it happened, but I only got twelve scenes transcribed at work yesterday.

It wasn’t because of a lack of sleep or a lack of concentration. I got plenty of sleep last night, and I did have some lack of concentration, but I don’t think that’s the reason why I didn’t even get fifteen scenes written. Unfortunately, I think I know what that reason was.

I did a lot of rewriting yesterday. Sometimes it was only a word or two I needed to rewrite, and sometimes it was whole sentences. Mostly, it had to do with my dialogue, but it also had to do with my Action Descriptions too. A lot of it was because the line was too short, but there was a lot that was because of an extra line

The real problem that I’m having problems with right now is my big words. I’m using a lot more big words now like InWaterStructure, InWaterSurface, WaterStructure, etc. When they come to the end of a line, they go to the next line. That can be both a problem for my lines being too short and having an extra line.

Sometimes I can solve these big word problems by rewriting the line differently: adding some words or rearranging the words I already have. Unfortunately, that doesn’t work all the time. That’s when a whole paragraph needs rewriting. That’s not too bad for Action Descriptions

It can be bad with dialogue. Sometimes I can take away part of a phrase like ‘Confinement Protectors’ to just ‘Protectors,’ ‘Special WaterStructure to ‘WaterStructure,’ etc. I don’t like to do that, though. Especially, if the bigger phrase isn’t used elsewhere in the paragraph.








© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065988-Not-Even-Fifteen