*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066012-I1-The-Jury
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313324
My Aventures in Wonderland
#1066012 added March 10, 2024 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
I.1. "The Jury"
"The Jury"


W/C 657

Create twelve unique characters to fill a jury box. These characters will witness your trial of being accused of stealing the Queen’s tarts. So, choose wisely. (<1000 words).


Blueberry Tarts, Anyone?


"Please rise. The court of Gum Drop Circuit Criminal Division of Wonderland is now in session. The Honorable Judge Tarrant Hightopp, aka The Mad Hatter, presiding."

"Thank you, Bailiff Barns. Will the court please be seated. Members of the jury, your duty today will be to determine whether the defendant is guilty based only on the facts and evidence provided in this case. The prosecution must prove that a crime was committed and the defendant is the person who committed the crime. However, if you are not satisfied with the defendant's guilt to that extent, reasonable doubt exists, and the defendant must be found not guilty."

Taking a deep breath, he furrowed his brows when he glanced at his watch, sounding at three.

"Bailiff Barns, what is our case today," asked Judge Hightopp.

"Your Honor, today's case is The Province of Wonderland versus Miss Krissy Marks. She is accused of stealing The Queen's Blueberry Tarts."

Ken Wolfdog Starr, Krissy's attorney, patted her elbow as an assuring gesture. He looked at the people in the jury box across the room to study them. Collectively, they appeared to be ordinary people. Some looked relaxed but bored, others looked interested, and the rest looked like they were about to fall asleep. Mr. Starr shook his head and began scrutinizing each juror individually.

Juror # 1. Alice: Alice is a delightful girl, somewhat naive but honest. She has a gluttonous curiosity about her surroundings but always sees the good in people.

Juror # 2. Wile E: Coyote: Wile is tenacious and very stubborn. He is an underdog type of character and almost always supports another underdog.

Juror # 3. The Roadrunner: This juror is noted for being fun-loving
and cheerful to all. He bears no ill will toward anyone for anything. He is also adamant about following rules.
         Mr Starr noted to keep an eye on this juror. He was unable to read where his loyalty may lie.

Juror # 4. The White Rabbit: This juror carries importance within the Wonderland Community. However, he is manic, timid, and occasionally aggressive. If he supports Miss Marks, he'll be a good ally.

Juror # 5. Olivia Benson: She is a Detective for the New York Special Victims Unit. She is good with logic and can convince people to see things her way. She would be a good orator in favor of Miss Marks.

Juror # 6. Foghorn Leghorn: He is a bit loud and boisterous. However, he fancies himself as a mentor to the younger individuals he meets. He could be a good asset.

Juror # 7. The Frog-footman: Though stupid, he is accustomed to the fact that nothing makes sense in Wonderland, especially this trial over Tarts, for heaven's sake.

         Mr. Starr's jaw fell, and his heart stopped when he saw Juror # 8. He knew then he had his work cut out.

Juror # 8. Seven: Seven was one of the card-playing Gardners. He was fearful and fumbled, especially in the presence of the Queen. Making him feel safe enough to speak his thoughts would be challenging.

Juror # 9. The Cheshire Cat: Though he appears detached, he is clear-headed and logical. Mr. Starr marked him as a good asset.

Juror # 10: Garfield. Garfield is a fat, lazy cat who will do anything for lasagna, including giving a non-guilty verdict.

Juror # 11. The King of Hearts: The King is not widely liked by his constituents but is the opposite of the Queen. He is not as ruthless and likes to undo her orders.

Juror # 12. The DoDo: The Dodo uses big words and is often accused of not knowing the meaning. He can smooth-talk many of the animals into running a caucus race. He thinks that such a race would fit nicely in this non-sensical trial.


© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066012-I1-The-Jury