*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066019-I2-Unimportant-Things
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313376
Wonderland 2024
#1066019 added March 10, 2024 at 8:09pm
Restrictions: None
I2 Unimportant Things


I2. "UNimportant Things" - As the new year begins, consider at least one thing you considered too ‘important’ in the past. What makes it so ‘unimportant’ now? (<500 words)

I love shoes. I’ve always loved new shoes. The smell of new leather, the feel of new shoes, and of course, the shiny look of them. I remember as a child running to my grandparents next door and showing off my new pair of shoes.

Now I don’t buy new shoes. The ones I like are too expensive. And I don’t have the money to spend because the ones I want are leather. So I scour thrift stores for cast-off leather shoes. Because leather are the best.

I consider the best shoes to be made of leather. Why buy plastic or other man-made material shoes? Fabric? Anything that will fall apart in a few months is just not worth the money. I want a pair of shoes that will last years. I want to be able to polish them, take care of them and be able to wear them a long time.

I do have some shoes and boots I have had for over ten years. They will last many more years if I care for them properly. Polish and repair the soles if necessary. Taking care of your footwear is an important part of taking care of your wardrobe.

There is a place that will repair your shoes and boots near me. So if a nice pair of my footwear needs a new heel or sole, and the upper is in good shape, I can get even more years of wear with a new bottom, and not throw a perfectly good shoe or boot in the trash.

Reuse, recycle folks. Don’t throw things away so often. Buy the best items you can. Don’t fall into the trap of fast fashion. Buy classic clothing and footwear that wears well and never goes out of style.


W/C 295


new signature 2021


2023 Quill Nominee.
Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066019-I2-Unimportant-Things