*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066018-I1-The-Jury
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313376
Wonderland 2024
#1066018 added March 10, 2024 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
I1 The Jury

I1 "The Jury" – Create twelve unique characters to fill a jury box. These characters will be witnessing your trial of being accused of stealing the Queen’s tarts. So, choose wisely. (<1000 words).

Judge & jury & executioner all?

I thought long and hard about who should be in a jury of my peers. After all, being accused of stealing is a harsh crime here in Wonderland. I didn’t do it, folks! But they will decide my fate.

I choose a friend, Ademanda Recall. She’ll be fair. She’s been a friend since we were kids. She’s been sworn to secrecy so many times.

Another I wish to name is a dear friend, Rex Alife. Let’s just say he’s a friend ‘with benefits’. We share some pillow talk every now and then. He knows my darkest secrets. He knows I didn’t do it.

I also wish to include Jeremiah Jerke. Although he’s my ex-husband, I do feel he could be impartial on this matter. He doesn’t want the responsibility of the children if I go to the slammer.

My neighbor, Maude Reude, should be on the jury. She knows my comings and goings. She keeps track of everyone in the neighborhood. She would know if I went anywhere on the day in question.

Pastor Peter Pestere has to be on the jury. He’s taught me it’s a sin to lie. He is on my side.

My adopted mother, Momma Grown, would be impartial. She raised me right. She taught me not to steal. A few swats on the behind cured me of it, ask Ademanda.

Little Bro and Dainty Dilly, my brother and sister, are two others that could be included. They also were taught not to steal. Not that the lesson stuck with them. They might be out on parole soon.

I have a daughter, Stilleye Sue, we may want to consider for the jury. She is around somewhere. Last I knew, she was in Florida. I’m not sure if she could be impartial. I’m not sure of her current last name.

My grandson, Johnny Johnson, is living with Momma Grown. He’s just got out of the Army. He’d be a good one for the jury. He’s an upstanding young man.

Sally Smith is a co-worker at the nursing home. She’d gladly volunteer for the jury, as long as it’s not during her work shift.

Nosy Nelly Norton, that’s what we call that clerk at the local store, would be the last person I’d pick for the jury. She was a witness the day of the incident. Nosy Nelly is the person who claims I stole the tarts from the Queen. Personally, I think Nosy Nelly Norton needs new glasses and some hearing aids.

W/C 419


new signature 2021


2023 Quill Nominee.
Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066018-I1-The-Jury