*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066456
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2313806
My collected entries for the 2024 edition of Wonderland.
#1066456 added March 17, 2024 at 8:25pm
Restrictions: None
I-1. The Jury
PROMPT

1. London Lancaster. True crime podcast aficionado who has watched every episode of every Law & Order, Boston Legal, The Practice, The Good Wife, Suits, and Chicago Justice. The person who wants to get assigned to jury duty.

2. Gavin Gibson. Marvel's self-proclaimed #1 fan (with the memorabilia collection to give anyone else looking for that title a good run for their money), I'm choosing a super-fan of my employer in hopes that it will elicit a bit of starry-eyed sympathy on my behalf.

3. Skylar Steele. Civil rights activist.

4. Whitney Wu. A citizen of Wonderland who was previously falsely accused and convicted of stealing the Queen's tarts.

5. Omari Olson. Former professional poker player renowned for his ability to read and exploit his opponents' tells. Someone who knows playing card suits inside and out can't hurt, right?

6. Alison Arkin. A clinical psychologist and well-regarded therapist who specializes in people who struggle with temper tantrums and impulse control.

7. Paisley Parrish. Third-generation owner of a top-rated bakery on Yelp. If anyone knows the ins and outs of tarts, it's this lady.

8. Charlie Case. A defense attorney with several clients, both past and present, who he's had to defend against similar allegations by the Queen.

9. Nelson Novak. Just some random dude who doesn't want to be there. Every jury's got one.

10. Brandon Bruce. A former member of the royal palace turned whistleblower turned author of a tell-all memoir.

11. Yael York. Professional croquet player with a vlog dedicated to exposing all of the ways the Queen's rules violate the spirit of the game.

12. Rylie Randall. A juror who tried to get out of serving, but the judge saw right through her excuse and forced her to serve anyway.


______________________________

(292 words)

© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066456