*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066468-Another-Reason-for-Me-Starting-Over
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1066468 added March 17, 2024 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Another Reason for Me Starting Over
Another Reason
for Me Starting Over


The overall length of my scripts wasn’t the only reason why I’m starting my Water Wars scriptwriting project over. I’m going to be doing it with my other projects too: The Final Ritual, SpaceHorrors, and Skinless. My Water Wars project is just the one I’m the furthest one on. I thought that I was almost done with it when this happened.

I don’t remember how it even happened. All I can remember is that I was going to be doing a lot of rewriting on the scripts I had finished or was about to finish on Part One and Part Two of my Movie Introduction for this project. At that time, I thought it was going to be a lot of rewriting. After all, my page length was a lot more than the Standards.

At that time, I thought the length of a page was still forty-eight lines per page. That’s what it used to be for a one-inch border on three sides of a page. It’s not that anymore either. It’s not fifty-five lines per page. That’s still a major rewrite, but it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

When I realized I would be doing my rewrite, I started doing some research. That’s how I found out about the fifty-five lines per page Standard now. It didn’t help me much with my rewriting, but it did help a little bit. That is when I realized I needed to start over again on all my scriptwriting projects.

At first, I thought I could reduce my total page count by combining the number of lines per scene with their Scene Heading, but under the present scene structure that would mean the number of lines would be either nine, eleven, or fifteen lines depending on what scene number they were. Fifteen lines I could maybe do, but not nine or eleven.

Especially, the nine lines. The eleven lines would be hard too, but not as much as the nine lines would be. those line numbers were based on fifteen seconds/lines per scene aka a hundred and eighty scenes per Part or Episode. For quite a while, I knew that was wrong, but I thought it was the only way to write these scripts. I don’t think that way anymore.

I need thirty seconds/lines per scene aka ninety scenes per Part or Episode. That’s twenty-two lines, twenty-six lines, or thirty lines per scene depending on what scene number it is. That will be a lot easier to write than the one hundred and eighty. Unfortunately, to do that, I have to start these projects over again from scratch.

That’s what I have been doing for the last few days. I have been working on my spreadsheet for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. So far, that’s all I have done with it. Just working on this spreadsheet. I still haven’t been able to figure it out yet. I’m sure I will. Just not sure how long it will take to do it.

Of course, I figured I would have some problems with it, but I didn’t figure I would have this many problems with it. Every time I think I have it figured out I don’t. sooner or later, I will figure it out. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later. As soon as I figure it out, I can start working on the single sentences and paragraphs.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066468-Another-Reason-for-Me-Starting-Over