*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066508
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fanfiction · #2263987
As a new foot slave to Princess Peach, Toadette's life is taken for a hectic, erotic ride.
#1066508 added March 18, 2024 at 2:27pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 58 - Grabbing My Brother
While under the shower water, I found myself continually massaging my feet.

The position was indeed awkward, as I was still standing in this tub. I nearly knocked myself out twice, slipping while soap was under one of my feet. Yet at the same time, it gave me some relief, rubbing my feet like this. I may not have been a pro at this point, but my soles appreciated the effort.

Washing the mud off my body added to my comfort. But the more I talked to Minh T., the more the situation weighed on me. She wasn’t helping, pacing back and forth and muttering to herself. It wasn’t as if we’d come here without me planning to reveal my identity, but this latest revelation threw us for a loop. It was like I’d soaped my own brain, because nothing she said stuck.

Before shutting off the water, I poked my head past the curtain. Though much cleaner, Minh T. looked worse, her pupils dilated and her neck twitching.

“You don’t wanna look at least a little composed?” I grabbed a towel from the pole. “Not like you have anything to feel bad about.”

“As far as I’m concerned, our guilt is one and the same.”

“Nah, you didn’t make me do what I did.”

“But who enabled it? This girl.”

“Look, if she had to flip through photos to realise who I am, that means that coin flip we talked about is still in the air.” I finally stepped onto the mat. “Whether DT remembers and told her, or he forgot everything while she used her head for once, I don’t think we’re dealing with that right now.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Then what’s this about a mission at seven?”

“Why don’t you ask her? Jeez, you want me to be this happy girl, and you won’t accept even the smallest victories we get.”

Fortunately for me, Minh T. was one step ahead of me earlier this morning. Where did I think I was going without a second pair of clothes to wear? Out her bag came one of my pink shirts. She offered me shorts, but given my mother’s vagueness, it was wiser to simply reuse my muddy jeans. After all, Minh T. was the one who loved to emphasise that denim was never made to be washed.

“Actually, why are you all dressed up?” I asked, noticing she wasn’t in any nightwear.

“Did she say she needed you alone?”

“Strongly implied it.”

She leaned forward. “I’ll plant my feet as soon as I get a confirmation.”

“You don’t need one.” I pushed her nose back. “The last thing we need is Penelope tearing this place apart by herself.”

“She’s sleeping. By the time we get back, she’ll probably just be…”

I shook my head until Minh T. finally backed up properly. A sigh came, followed by a small smile.

“She’s safe under my watch, okay?”

Once the steam dissipated, we sat in my old bedroom where the girl lay unconscious. Minh T. mostly stared at the ceiling, while I was left to explore the room I’d never truly gotten to know. Nostalgia smacked me at every corner seeing so many of my old clothes in the closet, and colour me impressed that none were thrown out. My mom was totally that type who’d sell her daughter’s stuff for a few coins.

As I watched the Sun set over Mushroom City’s horizon, I popped a question to Minh T.

“Would you ever move back here?”

“Move back?”

“You know, after high school. It’d look great on your résumé, going to a college out here, or even setting up shop and bringing in tons more money.”

She chuckled. “I completed high school to be done with school, not to stretch it out for another eight years. But even if I could make more money out here, let’s face it, Toad Town is my real home. It’s nicer, it’s grassier, I’ve lived there longer, and I don’t have to worry about being stabbed in the back every second. I would’ve only considered coming back here under certain conditions.”

“Which are?”

The mattress creaked, then I felt her warmth behind me. Seconds later, her toes ran over the top of my foot. Anyone could’ve felt her lips curl into a friendly smile just from the way she touched me.

I couldn’t take my eyes off the crowded streets. If I’d never run back to Toad Town…

“Are you ready?”

Minh T. and I turned to see my mother. Between the panic of not knowing how long she’d been there and the suspicion that we were about to do something highly illegal, I was not ready in the slightest.

“Enjoy yourselves,” Minh T. said, quickly leaving the room. “If there’s spaghetti here, I’ll whip up something real nice for when you get back.”

“Great,” I mumbled.

“Just gotta make a little space in my car first.”

Before I left the apartment, I gave myself another look in the bathroom. It was mostly to practise looking as emotionally flat as possible. Took me five minutes before my mother knocked on the door, though at least this time it wasn’t screaming in my ear over a water bill.

“Now, you gotta carry this to my car.” She pointed to a grey duffel bag about the width of a car trunk. “Come on, you’re young, move like it.”

I hoisted the bag.

I almost snapped my fucking back lifting the bag.

“What’s in this thing, bodies?”

“I just moved it out here, so it shouldn’t give you problems.” She looked back, smirking before leaving the apartment. “Minh T., give your friend a hand! And turn off that stove before you burn down my kitchen again.”

Again?

Minh T. smiled at me, giggling. “On three. One, two…” Didn’t take more than a second for her to sweat. “Okay, literal big problems here.”

Neither of us was in any shape to lift this bag, even with our combined strength. Walking backwards, I was vulnerable to tripping and banging my head at any moment. Minh T. wasn’t much better off, because while her bare feet gave her stability, her arms were dead by the time we got into the elevator. And if we dropped this gear, we weren’t picking it up again.

Once on the ground floor, Minh T. led us to the car. Seeing that my mother had one, even a cheap rust bucket like this, left me a bit impressed.

“Better not shut down on us,” I groaned, heaving the lumpy bag into the trunk. Minh T., wiping tears off her face from the arduous journey, gave me a quick hug before running back into the building.

“Don’t worry about Penelope, okay?” She gave another wave. “I love you.”

I returned the wave. But once she was inside, it was my turn to go. I climbed into the passenger seat of the car, the engine started, and without looking back, my mother drove us in reverse. She nearly crashed into another car. But the wheels made a deafening screech as they carried us forward at high velocity.

As soon as the radio came on, I silenced it. “You can begin anytime.”

She kept her eyes on the road.

“This trip isn’t gonna last forever, so please, let’s get it over with.”

Hmph! Ignoring me…

“Why, this feels so familiar.”

“How have you been?”

“How have I been?

“Yes, how have you been?” Her eyes were still on everything but me.

“Where to begin? Had to cheat my way through high school, survive on the streets, commit crimes way more serious than whatever nonsense you want me do to tonight, and I’m working for a crazy princess who’s intent on getting me killed. I could write a whole chapter book on it.”

She nodded.

“If it had been up to me, I wouldn’t have even bothered coming back here. Not to that apartment.” I squeezed the leather on the chair. “Are you even listening to me?”

Her calm was like a knife in my skin. Screaming, I gave the glove compartment a strong kick, sending it open.

“Little girl, you will not be destroying my car! That is not happening!”

“And what are you doing to do, woman!? What are you going to do to your 19-year-old daughter?”

That mask of hers was slipping. For a second, she took a hand off the steering wheel. Though she probably didn’t want me to die in such an anticlimactic way, via a car accident. So against all odds, she continued to focus on the road, taking deep breaths.

“You know, if I’d known I’d end up raising not one but two little criminals, I’d have done things a lot differently.”

“Two secrets out, huh? What’s he up to?”

“You tell me. You’re the one who came home with him and fooled me into thinking everything was normal when—”

“Oh, he is not my child, so don’t tell me I fooled you. It’s not like DT’s the master of secrecy. You’re just too much of a dumbass to notice.”

“TT…!” She finally looked at me, teeth gritted. “Just tell me.”

I crossed my arms. “Those Scapelli guys are planning something bad for the Star Festival. Minh T. and I were tasked with putting bugs on them, and that’s when we found out DT was making deliveries. Things didn’t go right. I got hurt, ended up here, and the next day we went to activate the bugs proper.

“DT helped us to get in the building, but little did I know that the boy actually went inside with us. That’s why he was hurt after I gave him a Super Star, ‘cause it was the only way you were ever gonna see him again. Where he is now is anyone’s guess.”

My mom wagged her finger. “Not a guess. I’ve got a chip in his head.” She floored the gas pedal, taking us from several buildings to less dense street. “Can’t believe he’s working with them just for extra money when we’re doing okay.”

“Not that okay when you’re just one step above Poverty Land.”

“Whatever problems you have with me, I at least need you to do this for him.”

She pulled into a parking lot with a few cars, old and new. Once there, she stared at me. The various mirrors perfectly reflected the cold expression on my face. My mother’s trembling lips didn’t fool me. It was another attempt at sympathy to manipulate me, one I’d seen enough times to grow sick of.

Once outside, she unlocked the trunk. “There are five cans in that bag. You find a way to set ‘em off in the building at the same time, without breathing it in yourself, and those Scapelli fucks are gonna feel like they’re on the greatest high of their lives.” She struggled to lift the bag to the ground, making me give a satisfying chuckle. “Damn, heavier than I thought…”

“So what exactly is this building?”

“I look like a tourist guide?” She pointed to my target, a four-storey structure that didn’t stand out aside from a guard at the front door. “You just go in there and grab him.”

“And why me?”

“Well, if you’re too nervous to handle it, I’ve no issue giving these guys—”

I stomped my foot. “Too nervous? Not to toot my own horn, but I’ve got bigger balls than my own brother with the things I’ve seen.”

“Then that’s perfect.” She slipped a note into my pocket. “The gas is flammable, and it takes 30 minutes before it’s all used up. When you get the chance, you’re gonna set this whole fucker on fire. Mmm… Nice, orange flames.”

“No, I’m not.”

She scoffed. “Oh, yes you will. For his sake, you’re gonna listen to me for once.”

“We haven’t killed any Scapellis yet, and if they find out I did, they’re putting a big bounty on my head. And your son’s gonna be included on principle. Do I need to say who’s next on the list?”

“Shit, if the 2005 bounty didn’t get you, the hell is a Scapelli hit gonna do?”

2005 bounty?

“When you’re ready to go, call the number on this paper.” She got back into the car, ruffling her hair. “I’d like you both home by nine. Then we’ll talk further.”

I didn’t get a single question in before she fucked off, leaving me in the dark with this bag. Did it not occur to her that one of the Scapellis would recognise the colour of my cap? Not many pink Toads in this kingdom.

Whatever. Unzipping the bag.

“Gah, what the—!”

“I am very insulted that every one of you called me heavy, Miss Toadette.”

“Penelope…” I could just throttle this kid. “Why? Just why?”

“It’s not anywhere near my bedtime.” She blew snot onto her shirt, which was mine from years ago. “Your bathroom break gave me enough time to pack myself up. Did I look like I wanted to miss out on some more fun?”

After what we just went through, she was begging for more. And I knew in the pit of my heart that Minh T. was having a panic attack right now. The worst part was that I couldn’t bring Penelope back. Even if I sent her to the hotel, the roof of that building looked like it was in another city. Way too far to walk to.

So here I was, forced to work this tiny maniac into my plan somehow.

“If I never see another Scapelli again after this, it will be too soon.” Shuffling through the bag, there were indeed five small cans—they looked like tear gas—and the weapon of destruction. Couldn’t my mom just have given me a Fire Flower to make this easier? No, of course not. Big fucking flamethrower. Where the hell did she even get it from?

Now, we still needed a way to get in. The lone guard at the front door hadn’t noticed us since the parking lot had some shrubs. But without any disguises, there was no way we were gonna walk up and shake his hand, expecting free entrance.

“Why don’t you offer to do your thingy again?”

I turned to Penelope. “What thing?”

“You know.” She sat and moved her legs up and down, her bare-covered feet clenched together.

“I want you to forget about that. And that doesn’t solve the fact that they’re gonna recognise me, and the fact that someone’ll be questioning why I’m bringing a kid in there.”

Penelope rubbed her face in circles and groaned. As I slung the bag over my shoulder, she… The hell!?

“What is wrong with you?”

“I’m helping you sneak in!” She banged her head against the lamppost a second time, this time causing a good-sized lump on her forehead. “While the big guy comes to help this little girl, go in there and grab your brother.”

“And if they bring you inside, Penelope?”

“Then I’ll either be running out with you or sleeping because of the gas. I’ll be okay!”

That second suggestion was what scared me. If I set this building ablaze, something which made my legs shake the more I envisioned it, getting DT and Penelope out first would be a struggle.

Passing behind some additional buildings, I was now across the street and to the right of this Scapelli building’s entrance. The guard’s hands were empty, but from the sheer size of his arms, he could tear someone in half with just his pinkie finger. Not the type of guy I wanted to get fightsy towards. Fortunately for our situation, this bloke immediately turned his head when he heard the sound of a little girl. Heh.

That’s right idiot, take the bait.

Penelope sobbed at the top of her lungs. “Why, Mother, why!? Why do you always treat me like this!?”

“Who’s there? Hello?”

Congratulations, Penelope. With this guard out the way, I could blend into the darkness and tip-toe my way into the building. Now it was just a matter of time before knocking everybody out.

Hmm… This place didn’t have the ugliest looks, but they could’ve spruced it up a bit. Look at this dust. Must’ve just been a hangout spot or even a home for some of these guys. I’d have expected them to choose a bit of a manlier colour than pink, although it at least made me feel camouflaged as I walked through the skinny hallway.

If I was going to get into this air system, the roof would be my best bet.

The stairs were so small, I felt like I barely had shoulder room to even turn. But the higher I got, the more disappointment filled me. While there was a door to the roof, it had every obstacle blocking it. A rope, some crime tape, too many strings for comfort and even random bits of debris. It screamed of a boobytrap.

Pushing my cap against the door to the fourth floor hallway, I listened for any footsteps. Nothing so far. I barely pushed the door open and peeked inside, and sure enough, I was able to slip in unnoticed.

There were five doors, each wooden and nothing spectacular. But what really grabbed my attention was the air vent. Too bad it was on the ceiling. And even if I could somehow lift my way in there, it’d be impossible to get this gas to stay in there. My best bet was to unleash the canisters right here and right now. Damn it… I had no way of testing the effects, so these Scapellis could easily get rid of these things if they were conscious. And Mommy implied that all of them needed to be set off at once for the effects to even take place.

Thank you, my glorious mother, for making things as difficult as possible.

While I tried to brainstorm ways to hurl these canisters into the vents, I began to sit. As comfy as these slides were, they were not meant to be worn for long periods, and I’d been standing with a bag that wasn’t exactly light. Not to mention just how sweaty my feet had gotten in this time, from being nervous at discovering Penelope to being in this tight hall.

Hold on… A smile appeared on my face. A smile with some disgust, but a look of happiness nevertheless.

I took the shoes in my hand, then began listening through each of the five doors. Once I got to door number three, there was some conversation.

“As soon as the thing pops off, I’m outta here, got it?”

“Ain’t necessary considering it’s not like Big Man’s going anywhere. Where are they gonna chase him to?”

“Safe than sorry. I’ll come back when they’re less suspicious. In the mean— What the hell was that?”

That was the sound of me banging my fist on the wall. And just as soon as it happened, I ran to the door near the stairs and did it again. Now I was hiding behind the door, slides still in hand, waiting for somebody to open it.

Some extra sweat trickled down my forehead as I heard footsteps. If it was one person, I could handle him. If two or more came after me, I’d have to improvise right on the fly.

Come on… Open that door…

I waited with bated breath as the knob turned. The second the man’s head poked out, I went in.

“What the—?” Humans may have had better strength than we Toads, but it didn’t mean much if we could get the jump on them. All my strength with into this attack. My slide felt like it was glued to his face, and I managed to pull him onto the ground. Now he was basically kissing the shoe, and more importantly, his fresh oxygen supply got lower and lower. I crossed my legs around his body just to ensure he wasn’t going anywhere, though it was a bit overkill now that his power was fading.

“Ow!” Son of a bitch. He dug his nails right into my leg! Fine, I could play at this. I wouldn’t separate his nose from this slide until he was out cold. If only I had my flats.

I was left panting as this human quit fighting. A simple look told me he wasn’t dead, just unconscious. My feet might’ve stunk, but come on, they weren’t that stinky. Unless you were a Shy Guy.

Now, if he didn’t return back to his friend, clearly that friend would come searching for him.

But open looking in the hallway, I could giggle in celebration. I had the advantage now that the dumbass left the door open. But first I looked for a heavy item on this Scapelli. With his watch having a bit of heft, it’d be a fantastic distraction.

Was never the best in school softball, but let’s see how my pitch is. Hey, batter, batter!

I flung it at the door opposite the open one. Felt a chill upon seeing the small damage it caused to the wood.

“The fuck was that!?” I saw the other Scapelli’s shadow, now hiding back with the unconscious member until the fool would walk into the hall. As he did, he observed the now-damaged door. “I’ll be goddamned if it’s that damn Toad and her—”

“Just me alone, buddy.”

With a swift roundhouse kick to the face, he busted his head on the wall. But I shrieked when I felt myself falling with him. He’d grabbed my shirt collar. At the last second, before hitting the floor, I did a handstand and pushed my sole into his face. This move strained my leg, but the split second I felt his nose under my toes, SCRUNCH!

“Gah! Get off of me!”

“Hehehe…” I pinched my toes harder and harder, almost trying to rip his nose off. But once I felt two breaths slip between my digits, I let out a cry and sent him hurtling across the hall. “Nighty night!”

“No!” His voice got muffled once both of my bare feet were stomping on his face. He could try to wriggle his way free all he wanted, but it wasn’t getting him anywhere. His heart would just beat faster and faster, and eventually it’d be so overworked that he’d pass right out. If he didn’t pass out from the panic, that mild sweat smell was definitely gonna get to him. Mmm… No clean air whatsoever to go in those lungs.

How was I blushing this much just from an attack? Especially one meant to be so dangerous.

Well, that took care of this scum. He was knocked out like a baby, with a light, fresh footprint on his face for the memories. But I could already hear ruckus from downstairs. Now that I’d made so much noise, I had to hide in this open room. I shut the door, locked it, then began pushing everything in front of the door, including the bed. Well, the bed somewhat blocked it, as I almost broke my arm moving it.

There were enough papers on the ground for this place to be a fire hazard, not to mention with a still-lit cigarette sitting right near a desk.

When I put it out, I scanned every wall of the room. Bingo! A vent on the floor, just what I needed!

But I needed to get this grate off… And it was bolted… Oops.

“What are you even doing here?”

My neck snapped. The closet door slowly came open, and out popped a Toad. I quickly entered a state of awkwardly laughing and constant swallowing, unable to form a string of coherent words. Yet as I looked at this boy, my grip on the bag remained as strong as ever.

“What are you doing here?” I glared at my little brother. “We had problems fighting them when there were four of us, and you came here alone?”

“How’d you even know I was here?”

“Who said I even came here for you? I’ve got bigger priorities right now.”

DT had bandages over his face, still looking hurt from the last encounter. Yet you wouldn’t detect any pain with his facial expressions, as he just seemed neutral. It was impossible to tell what he was thinking. But his intense staring at me wasn’t doing anything to set me at ease.

“Answer me again.” I still took control of the conversation. “What are you doing here?”

“Gonna get my money, duh. Hey, I busted my ass for all those deliveries, and I’m not letting them stiff me all those coins.” He pointed at my bag. “You hitting them, too?”

“I will pay you whatever they owe you. But I really need you to leave, okay?”

He chuckled, pointing at the door. “Pray tell, how does that work now?”

In the hall, there was all sorts of hollering. It grew louder, and now the screams were right against the door. All male voices, all various degrees of angry. The door being locked bought us some time, but our limit was getting eaten up by the second. DT’s smug smile was an empty glare.

“Thanks for screwing up my plan.”

“Right now, focus on my plan, as that’s how we get out of here.” I took his hand and dragged him to the vent. “You got something on you that’ll open that somehow? I’ve got gas in here, and I’m gonna chuck it into the system so that they’ll all pass out.”

DT raised an eyebrow. “Run that by me again.”

“Ugh, blame your mom, not me. I’m—”

“Oh, so she knows, huh? Yeah, this sounds like something she’d do to get revenge. Got a gas mask?”

Oh shit…

“Seriously?” He groaned. “Common sense would tell you to have a mask for this.”

It wasn’t my fault! But… Ugh! Did I really not consider that basic fact that the gas would take me out? I barely moved, but DT didn’t give me time for my stupidity to sink in.

“We might be able to make this work.”

“I don’t need a ‘might’ right now.”

He rolled his eyes, beginning to… Why was he removing his sneakers? If his plan was to literally stink these guys out, it wouldn’t work if there were so many of them. We had a bunch at our door right now, already trying to bang it down. Now imagine just how many would be waiting for us on the lower floors.

“We have your little girl from the race,” a voice yelled on the other side. “You come out, she will not be hurt! But you’ve got 30 seconds to open that door!”

DT kicked his left shoe to me. “We’ll see how long this ‘mask’ can protect you.”

Either this escape was gonna be a piece of cake, or I was gonna leave this place via a stroke of luck.
© Copyright 2024 VanillaSoftArt (UN: vanillasoftart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
VanillaSoftArt has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066508